Mishin Slams Skating Judges | Golden Skate

Mishin Slams Skating Judges

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Unfortunately ,Rep still counts , though maybe not as much as it used to , and I thought Suzuki was royally robbed at NHK.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
“The score for components often doesn’t reflect the true skill, but the time the athlete has spent in the figure skating world,” he said.

:eek:

So it should favour Plushenko and Suzuki. And not Hanyu and Fernandez. :rolleye:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Well, part of what he's saying may be true, but (a) your skills actually do improve when you have been skating longer and (b) you become more adept at skating in a way that earns more points. So I think it does reflect skill; if you ignored the jumps at NHK Mao is the class of the field. But reputation is factored in as well IMO.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Love the Russians, they are so honest!!

Worried about the Russians, they are too honest!! ;)

SGrand

Final Flight
LOL so he is saying Plushenko has been gifted on PCS for many years due to repuation and experience essentialy. I agree, but does he even realize that is what he is essentialy saying. :laugh:

That's what I was thinking.....:scratch:

The picture looks so much like a father and son portrait! :)

Mr. Mishin's first point, tat Mao Asada won NHK because of home country advantage, ignores the fact that the skater she beat was also Japanese.

hurrah

Medalist
Mao had three triple jumps in total, two of which were in combination, not two, as Mr. Minshin claims. Maybe he should learn to count.
Anyway, it's like shooting yourself in the feet (=Plushenko) for Mr. Mishin to be saying this.
And Mao's skating skills, after two years of careful coaching by Mr. Sato, are now better than they have ever been before in her career, and they were already good when she went to him.
Or could it be that Mr. Mishin lacks the expertise to be able to see this?

Last edited:

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Lol. My thoughts are pretty much what others have pointed out: there may well be some truth to the notion that the components score doesn't accurately reflect skill and that reputation counts (not necessarily time spent on the scene, but time spent winning medals). But...pretty ironic that someone in Plushy's camp is complaining about this. :rolleye:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Plushenko is the only one in the top 20 at the Olympics who got 5.00 in pcs so judges can be really harsh with him in pcs.

bojenskaya

Spectator
Love the Russians, they are so honest!!

Worried about the Russians, they are too honest!! ;)
Yess, he is honest and he is right.But it is not only home favorities but name favorities too (Kim, Chan and Hanyu now)Mishin's students have never won with a poor skating or with 2 or 3 falls.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Welcome to Golden Skate, bojenskaya! Post long and often!

Does your id refer to the great gymnast Svetlana Bogenskaya?.