Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66

Thread: Mishin Slams Skating Judges

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post

    Plushenko is a "trouble" for some people because he is still not retired, still a big potential for the podium.
    If so, you'd think he would show up at competitions where there are real challengers as opposed to doing just the Russian Nationals (sorry, but there is no one there at the moment) and the Europeans where there is like only 1 real competitor. Why avoiding the World Championship? Is it because he is afraid of competing against the Japanese and Chan?

  2. #47
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    If so, you'd think he would show up at competitions where there are real challengers as opposed to doing just the Russian Nationals (sorry, but there is no one there at the moment) and the Europeans where there is like only 1 real competitor. Why avoiding the World Championship? Is it because he is afraid of competing against the Japanese and Chan?
    At Russian Nats: Artur Gachinski, world and European medalist; Sergei Voronov, 2012 GP medalist; Konstantin Menshov, who had a very creditable fall season.
    At Euros: Javier Fernandez, GP finalist and Skate Canada winner; Brian Joubert, 4th at 2012 Worlds, with 16 ISU Championship medals to his credit (he was sick during the GP); Florent Amodio, 5th at Worlds, 2012 GP medalist, past European champion.

    No, neither of these events is the strongest it's ever been, but there's no need to be insulting. Plushenko must do what he can to conserve his health, he's had numerous injuries and he can't skate a full season; he needs to focus on events that are close to home and offer a great chance for success (also ISU points and minimums, in the case of Euros). He'll face tougher competition than Patrick Chan will at his own Nats, that's for sure. Plushenko's Euros score last year was 3rd on the season's best list, and like it or not, Euros is still a prestige event. So absolutely, he remains a threat - he has Mishin jump technique and is a born competitor. You think the Russian Fed doesn't want Olympic medal no. 4 for him in Sochi, preferably of the golden variety?

    That said, I'm not seeing any grand conspiracy behind the posts regarding the interview, as previous posters have suggested.

  3. #48
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    If so, you'd think he would show up at competitions where there are real challengers as opposed to doing just the Russian Nationals (sorry, but there is no one there at the moment) and the Europeans where there is like only 1 real competitor. Why avoiding the World Championship? Is it because he is afraid of competing against the Japanese and Chan?
    Buttercup is right. And Plushy said in his last interview:

    - It turns out the issue with the World Championship 2013 is closed?
    - No, it is not closed. I'm just used to focus on the the nearest goals. Now I think only about the Championship of Russia. After Sochi - I will start thinking about the European Championships. And after him - the World Championship. Everything should be decomposed by shelves.

    The most important is his health. He is 30. His main goal is Sochi, in Sochi he will fight with the young changellers.

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Plushenko is the only one in the top 20 at the Olympics who got 5.00 in pcs so judges can be really harsh with him in pcs.
    That was not harsh for non-existing transitions, besides 7 judges gave him between 8.75-6.00.

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    That was not harsh for non-existing transitions, besides 7 judges gave him between 8.75-6.00.
    Lots of skaters didn't have "any" transitions but plushenko got 5.00 which no one else in the top 20 got so he was judged harsher by judges not favored by them in Vancouver.

  6. #51
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,880
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbbfflDE4PE Why did Plushenko miss the Vancouver gol medal?

    A Japanese video, and his fans made a signature campaign and they sent it to the ISU. They wanted the revision of the final result. And many people wrote directly to the ISU! So I no wonder, that the ISU has changed the rules, the ISU was under pressure. I know you are an Evan fan, but this is true.

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    LOL so he is saying Plushenko has been gifted on PCS for many years due to repuation and experience essentialy. I agree, but does he even realize that is what he is essentialy saying.
    and Plushenko is a red rug for you and for that one who did the title, why not just "Mishin"

    If you read what Mishin said, instead putting your words in his mouth, if you smart, you will understand him.
    Mishin said before, Elisaveta should have won GP in France, because she lost in PCS, which is wrong according to him. I will trust him more than anyone else.
    Usually he doesn’t say anything like that, probably this time judges “peed in a pickle” big time and then repeated at NHK .
    He is not stupid to praise a win with 3 clean jumps.

    It always amize me, how people jump, JUST IN CASE

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    If so, you'd think he would show up at competitions where there are real challengers as opposed to doing just the Russian Nationals (sorry, but there is no one there at the moment) and the Europeans where there is like only 1 real competitor. Why avoiding the World Championship? Is it because he is afraid of competing against the Japanese and Chan?


    Plushenko just did JO.

    Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    This thread starter posted the same thread, same title in Fsuniverse too. And Mishin is not unknown. Why call him "Plushenko's coach"? I can't help but thinking someone is trying to stir up dirt to aim at Plushenko. If the PCS stratergy works and Plushenko is dumped on PCS, great. If it doesn't work, use the same arguement to slam Plushenko's PCS.

    Mishin does praise some other skaters during the interview. He is thoughtful and respectable.

    Plushenko is a "trouble" for some people because he is still not retired, still a big potential for the podium.
    Exactly! and PC fans don't see his favorite doesn't have many transitions this year and has lots of two foot skating for rest, and so on.
    May be Mishin was right? when he said quads take a lot of energy.

    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Well, Plush doesn't have the skating skills of let alone Patrick Chan, he can't even match most of his competitors like Daisuke, Kozuka, Jeremy Abbot, etc. etc so there is no way that he could ever have a chance at winning just based on PCS alone. What is being pointed out that he has gotten far higher PCS than he actually deserves in the past, mostly because of his legendary jumps.
    for god sake please stop your propaganda, you can foolish yourself as much as you want

    and if Plushenko wins in Sochi 2012 with 3 clean jumps, please remember what you just said, and be really happy about it

  9. #54
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    If so, you'd think he would show up at competitions where there are real challengers as opposed to doing just the Russian Nationals (sorry, but there is no one there at the moment) and the Europeans where there is like only 1 real competitor. Why avoiding the World Championship? Is it because he is afraid of competing against the Japanese and Chan?
    Umm, because he doesnt care facing them at this point? Plus the nationals have not happened yet and he cant talk around about going to wolrds when there is one single spot, theoritically speaking, it doesnt belong to him yet. Besides at his point of his career his target is not probably worlds but a good skate at Sochi. And i think his team is much more expert than any of us here on how to handle the situation. I believe every skater has his strategy, not only Plu.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    That was not harsh for non-existing transitions, besides 7 judges gave him between 8.75-6.00.
    Pcs= transitions? and yes he did a great one transition after his 3axel.

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Umm, because he doesnt care facing them at this point? Plus the nationals have not happened yet and he cant talk around about going to wolrds when there is one single spot, theoritically speaking, it doesnt belong to him yet. Besides at his point of his career his target is not probably worlds but a good skate at Sochi. And i think his team is much more expert than any of us here on how to handle the situation. I believe every skater has his strategy, not only Plu.
    Using your argument, how can he then talk about a spot on the European Championship then given that the Russian Nationals have not happened yet, so he has not earned a spot for that either? Yes, there are multiple spots for that one but the principle is the same - he has not earned it yet. Frankly, that does nothing to preclude him from discussing it, just the same as his wish to be at the Sochi Olympics. It just sounds like excuses from the way you stated it.

    From the competitions he chose to compete, Russian Nationals - despite the long list of pointless enumerations Buttercup added, the fact is that's competition where the top guy from Russia could manage at the 2012 Worlds was a miserable 17th place. I cannot recall that Russia or the former USSR has ever done so poorly in this discipline. And the top ranked Russian guy on the GP circuit this season is a 12th place, with 6 Japanese men placing ahead of him, from a guy who wasn't even on the Russian world team last year. No matter how one wants to sugar coat the state of Russian man skating, it's indisputably in bad shape for a country of such glorious history in this sport. The only way Plushenko could lose the Russian Nationals against such a field is if he accidentally knock himself out by smashing into a board and start rolling on the ice.

    If he is healthy enough to do shows and Japan Open, then he can certainly spare the time for World Championship given that travel to Japan is about as far as traveling to London, Canada. Just don't blame people when he doesn't show up but his entourage keeps sending out bravado signals, leading people to speculate as to the real reasons of his no-show.

  11. #56
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,640
    I'm not exactly sure what the controversy is here. Mr. Mishin says that figure skating must cope with potential of nationalistic bias and reputation scoring.

    Um...

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what the controversy is here. Mr. Mishin says that figure skating must cope with potential of nationalistic bias and reputation scoring.

    Um...
    In other words, we must watch out for sunburn and protect ourselves with the appropriate sun screen because the sun's rays can be deceivingly powerful. Mishin's ability to state the obvious never ceases to amaze me...

  13. #58
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,640
    True, but no reason to pick on Mishin. He is only saying what everyone says when asked to comment on figure skating judging. Cinquanta himself would probably say the same.

    I think it is the title of this thread that has channeled the discussion in a funny direction. Maybe it should have been, "Tuktamisheva's coach makes a few platitudes about judging."

  14. #59
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    If Plushenko decides not to go to Worlds, I believe they have a plan set, if I knew a better plan I would be an Oly champion myself, and if he chooses not to compete against Chan, Hanyu and Daisuke right now I d say its a wise choise, half the game in competitions is based on hype and impressions. Im interested if he competes against Fernandez now. For now it is all a moo point because March is far away and we dont know if he goes yet and is irelevant to the thread.

  15. #60
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    This thread starter posted the same thread, same title in Fsuniverse too. And Mishin is not unknown. Why call him "Plushenko's coach"? I can't help but thinking someone is trying to stir up dirt to aim at Plushenko. If the PCS stratergy works and Plushenko is dumped on PCS, great. If it doesn't work, use the same arguement to slam Plushenko's PCS.
    Because R-sport or thread starter, all people who read here are more interested in Plushy than in Japanese star Mao Asada
    Last edited by Evgenia; 11-27-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •