Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hugh Jackman comments on Yuna Kim's FS "Les Miserables" choice

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Hugh Jackman is in Seoul promoting his new movie "Les Miserables" and of course a reporter asks him to comment Yuna Kims FS choice.

Obviously, Jackman has no idea who she is... but he said some nice words:
    http://youtu.be/-ghM-RbUMXc
    I wonder why they asked Hugh about Yuna.. It makes me feel somehow embarrassed. I am sure Yuna also feels like me

Anyway can't wait to see her comeback next month. Good luck to Yuna
    Last edited by Evgenia; 11-27-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Not sure if this is the same video I saw, but in the press conference I saw, Hugh Jackman obviously knew Yuna... he was talking about Yuna winning another gold medal and the fact that she would be skating soon (he appeared to know more than the reporter themselves ) Anyway, this movie looks to be awesome from what i hear. And the fact that it closely coincides with Yuna's debut, is just
    Hugh Jackman already knew about Yuna. It's obvious in the video clip.

Plus, commenting about Yuna in the press conference was a great opportunity even for Hugh and Cameron Mackintosh to call much more Koreans' attention to Les Misérables. That's because Koreans tend to be very interested in every story involved in Yuna. I think Hugh is much more savvier about media than some people in this thread.
    Last edited by szidon; 11-28-2012 at 07:25 AM.

How sweet of him! I do hope she could get some more inspiration for her lp after watching this movie. Only ten days to go for her comeback, can't wait

Custom Title
    What's in ten days? Is it Korean Nationals? That'll be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    What's in ten days? Is it Korean Nationals? That'll be wonderful.
    NRW Trophy in Dortmund, Germany!

Custom Title
    What did the press say about Yuna's hair cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    What did the press say about Yuna's hair cut?
    They just said she got a haircut and it was on "daum" front page. Daum is like yahoo.
    Its something people do not really have to know about. But that actually goes same for every media lol but korean does a bit more. Thats just how korean media is :P

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Thanks for the clip! I can't remember anything he said about Yuna. I was too busy thinking damn, Hugh Jackman is hot.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    NRW Trophy in Dortmund, Germany!
    Korean TV airs NRW trophy live? I want to see her comeback

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Thanks for the clip! I can't remember anything he said about Yuna. I was too busy thinking damn, Hugh Jackman is hot.
    Getting amnesia when in the presence of Hugh Jackman is entirely understandable.

So cool he is in the movie...he should do it justice...so when will we see Yuna in Germany? Jeremy Abbott has a beautiful LP to Les Mis. I hope Yuna is getting in top form...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by szidon View Post
    Plus, commenting about Yuna in the press conference was a great opportunity even for Hugh and Cameron Mackintosh to call much more Koreans' attention to Les Misérables. That's because Koreans tend to be very interested in every story involved in Yuna. I think Hugh is much more savvier about media than some people in this thread.
    Whoa, seriously, that is really savvy, no sarcasm. Now Les Miserables can count on hoards of Korean fans buying DVDs of the film and driving up international sales for virtually no extra advertising money. Niiiice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Evgenia View Post
    Korean TV airs NRW trophy live? I want to see her comeback
    Not live but SBS will air it on 8th and 9th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Hugh Jackman is in Seoul promoting his new movie "Les Miserables" and of course a reporter asks him to comment Yuna Kims FS choice.

Obviously, Jackman has no idea who she is... but he said some nice words
    :
    http://youtu.be/-ghM-RbUMXc
    On the contrary, it's obvious that he already knows who Yuna is and the fact she is an oly champion.
    And as he asked when she would compete in the above vid, the female translater apparently did not know the answer.

He knows how to deal with media, of course but I think he genuinely likes Korea.
    When he first visited Seoul in 2006, he cheered for Korean soccer team at World Cup and even sang a fight song! In 2009, he explained how he got interested in Korea.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he-M8DMRuTM

He seems to be a general sports fan and is somewhat familiar with Korea so it's natural to think that he knows some sports stars from Korea.

Anyway, he can DANCE!
    Gangnam Style : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08qprnoeS0U
    With PSY : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87lASG6FHBQ

Custom Title
    Hugh Jackman may or may not have known about her. In any case, I think, all this was prepared by the movie company. Perhaps, even the question. Hollywood stars often visit Korea, and they usually say one or two nice things about Korea, of course. This time, it was YuNa.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny0760 View Post
    Not live but SBS will air it on 8th and 9th Dec.
    This is great. I hope a fan will get a YouTube video of it! ( Knowing Koreans in general -- they will )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast