Hugh Jackman comments on Yuna Kim's FS "Les Miserables" choice | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hugh Jackman comments on Yuna Kim's FS "Les Miserables" choice

MiRé

Match Penalty
What did the press say about Yuna's hair cut?

They just said she got a haircut and it was on "daum" front page. Daum is like yahoo.
Its something people do not really have to know about. But that actually goes same for every media lol but korean does a bit more. Thats just how korean media is :p

Layfan

Record Breaker
Thanks for the clip! I can't remember anything he said about Yuna. I was too busy thinking damn, Hugh Jackman is hot.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
So cool he is in the movie...he should do it justice...so when will we see Yuna in Germany? Jeremy Abbott has a beautiful LP to Les Mis. I hope Yuna is getting in top form...

brightphoton

Medalist
Plus, commenting about Yuna in the press conference was a great opportunity even for Hugh and Cameron Mackintosh to call much more Koreans' attention to Les Misérables. That's because Koreans tend to be very interested in every story involved in Yuna. I think Hugh is much more savvier about media than some people in this thread.

Whoa, seriously, that is really savvy, no sarcasm. Now Les Miserables can count on hoards of Korean fans buying DVDs of the film and driving up international sales for virtually no extra advertising money. Niiiice.

sunny0760

On the Ice
Korean TV airs NRW trophy live? I want to see her comeback

Not live but SBS will air it on 8th and 9th Dec.

Hugh Jackman is in Seoul promoting his new movie "Les Miserables" and of course a reporter asks him to comment Yuna Kims FS choice.

Obviously, Jackman has no idea who she is... but he said some nice words
:
http://youtu.be/-ghM-RbUMXc

On the contrary, it's obvious that he already knows who Yuna is and the fact she is an oly champion.
And as he asked when she would compete in the above vid, the female translater apparently did not know the answer.

He knows how to deal with media, of course but I think he genuinely likes Korea.
When he first visited Seoul in 2006, he cheered for Korean soccer team at World Cup and even sang a fight song! In 2009, he explained how he got interested in Korea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he-M8DMRuTM

He seems to be a general sports fan and is somewhat familiar with Korea so it's natural to think that he knows some sports stars from Korea.

Anyway, he can DANCE!
Gangnam Style : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08qprnoeS0U
With PSY : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87lASG6FHBQ

cosmos

On the Ice
Hugh Jackman may or may not have known about her. In any case, I think, all this was prepared by the movie company. Perhaps, even the question. Hollywood stars often visit Korea, and they usually say one or two nice things about Korea, of course. This time, it was YuNa.

szidon

On the Ice
Whoa, seriously, that is really savvy, no sarcasm. Now Les Miserables can count on hoards of Korean fans buying DVDs of the film and driving up international sales for virtually no extra advertising money. Niiiice.

I don't know whether or not the movie would be succeed in South Korea, but Hugh's remarks on Yuna was successful in making every Korean media cover the press conference for Les Misérables.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
According to wikipedia, Hugh Jackman has a wife 12 years senior to him. Wow, he's a model husband.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Getting amnesia when in the presence of Hugh Jackman is entirely understandable.
Ditto to those feelings Olympia! He is a very attractive man and seems like a good man as well. Not at all a stuck on himself typical actor haning around Hollywood. I am so excited to see this movie. I never usually like plays/musicals put on the silver screen, as film is not as warm as live theatre. I just hope they do a good job. I heard they actually sing live, which is unheard of. I hope the music quality does not suffer. I can see why they always lay down the tracks and lip synch in the film. Sounds like a tradeoff.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Ditto to those feelings Olympia! He is a very attractive man and seems like a good man as well. Not at all a stuck on himself typical actor haning around Hollywood. I am so excited to see this movie. I never usually like plays/musicals put on the silver screen, as film is not as warm as live theatre. I just hope they do a good job. I heard they actually sing live, which is unheard of. I hope the music quality does not suffer. I can see why they always lay down the tracks and lip synch in the film. Sounds like a tradeoff.

Judging by Anne Hathaway's voice in the trailer, I'd assume no. I like that sang live; seems a lot more emotional.