Thread: Recent Full Competitions on YouTube

Hybrid View

Rinkside

Recent Full Competitions on YouTube

Hi, I'm new so I'm sorry if this is not the right place to put this, I tried!

I am a gymnastics fan and I really wanted to get into watching skating, and I've noticed online that some YouTube users have full competitions (is that what they're called? sorry lol), well they are broken down into the skaters for each video but if you play them in the playlist they seem to be the full thing, in English. The only problem is they are all before 2006, I can't find anything after.

So my question is are there any full length videos on YouTube in English that are after 2006? I've tried searching for but I can't find anything. Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this is a waste of a thread!

Welcome to Golden Skate, Butterfly. Post often, post long.

If you go to the folders on this board for each competition this year, a lot of youtbes have been posted. Pretty much all of the programs of at least the top flights of skaters. (Look for posts by GS member Mao88.)
    Last edited by Mathman; 11-26-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Custom Title
    Welcome, Butterfly. Hope you enjoy exploring skating videos. Even in segments, the competitions are wonderful.

Rinkside
    Thanks so much mathman and olympia! There are so many videos to go through I am excited. I noticed most of these videos are foreign, while I don't mind that at all (and am used to it), the ones I've watched in English taught me so much. I was just wondering if the were any out there! Either way these are going to be great to go through! Thanks so much!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    You might consider a subscription to Icenetwork, which has competitions with English commentary back to 2006, as well as current coverage. The last couple of years, only Skate America and US Championships will have commentary on that site, but they have enough to keep you busy for a long time.

Custom Title
    If you're interested in junior competitions, the ISU has put the Junior Grand Prix competitions on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ISUJGP2011/videos