Recent Full Competitions on YouTube | Golden Skate

Recent Full Competitions on YouTube

TheButterfly

Spectator
Hi, I'm new so I'm sorry if this is not the right place to put this, I tried!

I am a gymnastics fan and I really wanted to get into watching skating, and I've noticed online that some YouTube users have full competitions (is that what they're called? sorry lol), well they are broken down into the skaters for each video but if you play them in the playlist they seem to be the full thing, in English. The only problem is they are all before 2006, I can't find anything after.

So my question is are there any full length videos on YouTube in English that are after 2006? I've tried searching for but I can't find anything. Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this is a waste of a thread!

Welcome to Golden Skate, Butterfly. Post often, post long. :)

If you go to the folders on this board for each competition this year, a lot of youtbes have been posted. Pretty much all of the programs of at least the top flights of skaters. (Look for posts by GS member Mao88.)

Last edited:
Welcome, Butterfly. Hope you enjoy exploring skating videos. Even in segments, the competitions are wonderful.

TheButterfly

Spectator
Thanks so much mathman and olympia! There are so many videos to go through I am excited. I noticed most of these videos are foreign, while I don't mind that at all (and am used to it), the ones I've watched in English taught me so much. I was just wondering if the were any out there! Either way these are going to be great to go through! Thanks so much!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You might consider a subscription to Icenetwork, which has competitions with English commentary back to 2006, as well as current coverage. The last couple of years, only Skate America and US Championships will have commentary on that site, but they have enough to keep you busy for a long time.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And while they don't have full competitions on the public page, Universal Sports has a lot of videos of top contenders in each event.

Do they still have archived full competitions? I can't access them any more since my cable company dropped US Sports.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Welcome! :) I fell in love with figure skating watching vids, too! ;) At first, I didn't know anythink and just went around watching all I could find, I remember that the first one has been Witt's Carmen...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you're in Canada, or interested in Canadian skating, Challenge will be live streamed on skatebuzz. Some of the stuff on skatebuzz is geoblocked, but something like Challenge or Quebec summer skate is not.

If you're not in the US, a great deal of icenetwork's content is geoblocked. I'm not sure about what a subscription from outside the USA gets you-but it just might get you the archives, and US Nationals, regionals & sectionals.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Oh another gymnastics fan, hi:) whats your favs? My most favs are from the past, I used to love Boginskaya and them Milo, Raducan, Miller, Gutsu and Zamo, and from the recent ones many that didnt even medal at London, do you like Iordache?

TheButterfly

Spectator
Thanks again, and sorry I'm still learning where stuff goes!

not to bring this too off topic but my gym favs are Atler Zamo Podkopayeva Silivas I've started to appreciate Miller more recently, recently Iordache Izabasa Grishina Maroney Quishang SO SO many old and new!

Back on topic, I'm just starting to dig through the videos and read old forums as commentary lol, thanks again!