Weaver & Poje go back to drawing board | Golden Skate

Weaver & Poje go back to drawing board

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
CBCSports - Rejection is never easy. Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje are trying to overcome early season disappointment by revamping their free dance.

CBCSports - Rejection is never easy. Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje are trying to overcome early season disappointment by revamping their free dance.

Revamping? I hope not much is changed though. I love that program as it is! I think it's their SD that needs some touches here and there, including that horrendous music cut!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I hope they will not change it a lot, I loved it! But I'm happy they're going to work on the middle part, because it was a bit meaningless, yes...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They beat Bobrova & Soloviev in the SD and didn't in the FD. That's why they would not be worrying so much about the SD.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My concern is instead of challenging for bronze - I still don't know why P and B are so well liked or marked - they are losing ground on P and B and are being threatened to be passed by B and S, C and L and I and K a reverse of fortune perhaps.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think it is more the perception that they've lost their psychological momentum. It's always a problem the season after a breakthrough performance: how do you top it? And this program simply doesn't. I think Doris is right when she discussed elsewhere the problem with the program's music. It simply isn't as emotionally engaging as Je Suis Malade. And the program's theme seems more like an intellectual puzzle--oh yes, they are skating to a variation on the Pygmalion story--than an emotionally engaging one. And the choreography isn't as filled with "wow" moments--this team has some of the best lifts and holds I've ever seen in ice dancing, and there simply aren't any of those "how do they DO that" moments in the program. I hope they overhaul it because they're an exciting team to watch.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Oh no!!! I hate it when skaters "revamp" a program. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I think all they need with this program is mileage. It's my favorite so far of all the ice dance teams this season - even V/M's program does not resonate with me as much. It's a shame they can't consult with Christopher Dean on this one - he is a master at this type of program. Oh well, I guess they know what they are doing. I just hope they don't change it too much. Maybe it is a lack of confidence thing. Who knows? All the best to them.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
As for their free dance, W&P need to up the difficulty of their opening spin, which has received a Level 2 in both their Grand Prixes. That's an unnecessary loss of 2 points in base value. They also need to work on the synchronicity and speed of their twizzles. They could also work on upping the difficulty of their second step sequence to a Level 3 for 1.5 points extra.

I'm fine with them revamping the middle portion of their free dance as well. Just change some of the choreography so that their isn't too many simple hand-and-hand holds to up that transition mark.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Their biggest liability is the music. It is not engaging and it must be hard to feel any connection to it, not only for the audience but for W/P as well. Trying to fix this program is much like renovating a house. You can redo all the rooms, but you can't change the location.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I was hoping they had a chance at the bronze at Worlds this year. It is clear they are too far behind now they have none. I would be happy now with even 4th or 5th at Worlds, and setting themselves up to have a chance at the bronze next year perhaps.