Thread: Grand Prix Final: Julia out with Injury, Christina Gao in.

Hybrid View

Custom Title

News Grand Prix Final: Julia out with Injury, Christina Gao in.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

My oh my. Really sad Julia won't be in the final but also this is wonderful news for Christina. Julia has a concussion, which is certainly serious but shouldn't keep her ffrom being able to train or compete the rest of the season I would imagine. No thoughts really. Just wanted to share the story!
    Last edited by samson; 11-30-2012 at 12:43 PM.

What a surprise for Gao! After seeing skaters like Emily Hughes and Rachael Flatt struggle with full-time college and skating, we got to see an up-and-comer not only finally breakthrough, but do it after being concerned about her ability to do both!! And, good news for Wagner as well. If she can hold off Asada (which may be less than difficult if she repeats NHK) and if Suzuki has another weak SP, Wagner should have a great chance at gold. =]

Quote Originally Posted by pista04 View Post
    What a surprise for Gao! After seeing skaters like Emily Hughes and Rachael Flatt struggle with full-time college and skating, we got to see an up-and-comer not only finally breakthrough, but do it after being concerned about her ability to do both!! And, good news for Wagner as well. If she can hold off Asada (which may be less than difficult if she repeats NHK) and if Suzuki has another weak SP, Wagner should have a great chance at gold. =]
    To be fair, Rachael's struggles seem to do more with her lingering injuries than balancing school and skating, but it certainly didn't help, I'm sure.

Yay Christina for this great opportunity! I hope she seizes it.

Custom Title
    I hate to see any skater injured but I am really happy for Christina. I'm also wishing a speedy recovery for Julia.