2012 Golden Spin of Zagreb Dec. 13 to 15 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 Golden Spin of Zagreb Dec. 13 to 15

gimble

On the Ice
Hmm. Did Kostner get 47.xx tech mark for long then? Does that mean she has to get higher score at Euro to compete in World?

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
Yet Carolina got higher PCS here than Akiko at NHK, with only 1 clean 3T here, 2 <, 1 stepped out 3Lz ... man oh man... the COP scoring system/judges are a funny bunch aren't they.

Nice to see her going for the 3lutz though and the program has potential :)

Protocols

http://www.croskate.hr/media/ZP12/GSp12/GSp12_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Her pcs magically shot from 6-7 to 7-8 overnight if her performance sucked in the LP. The judges are on crack.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Who cares how short it is, figure skaters have to jump so it doesn't matter anyways.

I'm not complaining. Its just you always see people on here and other forums blast her for her short dresses
and say that you could see her crotch.
and yes her dress is short and it doesnt seem to fit her well at the top, but it could just be me. colour is nice.

kosjenka

On the Ice
I am back home now. Could not stay for the gala. My head was falling apart.

Carolina had somewhat conservative layout of jumps, but she did try lutz and i think it is a very good sing.

My impression is that she wanted to let herself go to the music. The program is slow and it is somewhat strange seeing Caro skating slowly BUT it is very smooth and looks sophisticated. She is being flirty and I love it. As the rhythm picks up (the cut of the music is maybe a little off) she picks up speed but it is very hard to notice when & where she does starts gliding/skating faster.

SXTN

Final Flight
I am back home now. Could not stay for the gala. My head was falling apart.

Carolina had somewhat conservative layout of jumps, but she did try lutz and i think it is a very good sing.

My impression is that she wanted to let herself go to the music. The program is slow and it is somewhat strange seeing Caro skating slowly BUT it is very smooth and looks sophisticated. She is being flirty and I love it. As the rhythm picks up (the cut of the music is maybe a little off) she picks up speed but it is very hard to notice when & where she does starts gliding/skating faster.

What kind of jumps did she practice in the 6 min warm-up und were they successful?

kosjenka

On the Ice
I wish I could be more informative...
My wireless was acting out and I was freaking out during the warm up. I do remember her trying lutz. She did not go for the triple but just practiced the take off.

ordinary person

On the Ice
I'm not complaining. Its just you always see people on here and other forums blast her for her short dresses
and say that you could see her crotch.
and yes her dress is short and it doesnt seem to fit her well at the top, but it could just be me. colour is nice.

I understand what you're saying, if you can see that then she shouldn't wear beige tights in the first place but then again she's not the only one:eek:hwell:.

npavel

On the Ice
Hmm. Did Kostner get 47.xx tech mark for long then? Does that mean she has to get higher score at Euro to compete in World?
She got 47.37. Since the minimum is 48, you are correct.
No she has reached the minimum last year a lot of times. There never was a problem and not her goal today. She just wonted to get out her programs and was happy to do it.
In the gala she skated to It's Oh so quiet and got a standing owation

jaylee

Medalist
No she has reached the minimum last year a lot of times. There never was a problem and not her goal today. She just wonted to get out her programs and was happy to do it.
In the gala she skated to It's Oh so quiet and got a standing owation

Oh yes, that's right, the minimum TES has to be achieved in the on-going season or the immediate preceding season. Thanks for the correction.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
kosjenka, Thanks so much for telling us about it.

It is always exciting to see the debut of a program, although it is usually the case that it will need work. :love:

IleK

On the Ice
Yes, it looks like that all the others gain "reputation points" when they win big competition, she simply doesn't :( Anyway, I hope the judges in the big competition will give her the marks she deserve! (And, no, 64.99 is not low, but if you compare it to Korpi's 69 with the same jumps...)

Enlighten me please, when did Korpi receive 69 points?? More than Mao or Ashley and almost as Yuna? I tell you, never! It is not possible with that kind of jumps.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Enlighten me please, when did Korpi receive 69 points?? More than Mao or Ashley and almost as Yuna? I tell you, never! It is not possible with that kind of jumps.
Finlania Trophy, where she received 33+ PCS... It was in Finland and with the home crowd advantage, I agree, but it was still an international Senior B competition

IleK

On the Ice
So you want Carolina to get inflated scores? So that she can be criticized as Kiira. That shouldn't be taken in consideration because it was at home and in that competition all the scores were higher than deserved for all competitors (also Julia and Mirai couldn't reach that level in GP), and for the same SP, skated as well as in Finlandia, she scored yesterday at Nationals 66 which is more realistic. She scored 63,.. internationally at GPF but without a clean 3-3. Wait to see Carolina at Nationals, very soon. She will get 69 if you want that but it will do no good to her. Home judges always give a wrong impression, instead of showing from the begining what the skater needs to improve so that he or she can be succesful on the international scene. They all make them think they are perfect, is the same as when your parents tell you that you are the most beautiful and intelligent kid in the world, but they don't make any comparison to others because you are their only child and they love you the most.
Finlania Trophy, where she received 33+ PCS... It was in Finland and with the home crowd advantage, I agree, but it was still an international Senior B competition

IleK

On the Ice

But I agree with you concerning Carolina PCS. I have my own battle with judges, I have no respect for them because there are too many times when they don't show the skaters or us any respect too. I can't trust their judgement anymore. Because they change from one day to the other. How can they explain to us, and especially to Carolina who came to this competition to see how her new programs are received before the big competition, why her PCS were so low in SP (and I liked it better than de LP) and suddenly over night the PCS were much higher. It would make more sense if it would have been the other way around, higher in SP because it was clean and lower in LP because she had mistakes but I remember that Mao had the same kind of mistakes (doubled and underroted but not falls) and her PCS weren't affected. Ashley had 2 falls in LP at GPF and her PCS and leves almost on every element went down. So, where is the true judgement?

kosjenka

On the Ice
Don't compare scores from International B competitions with those from GP, Euros, Worlds, 4CC.
Skaters generally get higher scores on IBC.

npavel

On the Ice
Wait to see Carolina at Nationals, very soon. She will get 69 if you want that but it will do no good to her. Home judges always give a wrong impression, instead of showing from the begining what the skater needs to improve so that he or she can be succesful on the international scene.
You won't. If you look at Italian National scores, they generally are quite the same as the GP and Euro scores.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I wish I could be more informative...
My wireless was acting out and I was freaking out during the warm up. I do remember her trying lutz. She did not go for the triple but just practiced the take off.
Do you remember if she tried 2A+3T or 3F+3T?

kosjenka

On the Ice
Do you remember if she tried 2A+3T or 3F+3T?

I dont think so.
My friend (who is not FS junkie) says she only saw single jumps, but she watched Isadora Willaims more because of her geisha costume.

So I cannot be sure since I was freaking out and just wanted to make the equipment work.