Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Golden Spin of Zagreb Dec. 13 to 15

Banned
    She is visibly slow from the angle of those videos or maybe her 'lightening speed' in the past was just a myth?

Custom Title
    i think it's more because of the music..at the beginning it is slower but then right before the step it's faster and Carolina too... I love the program!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Not bad. Seems she wasn't in shape for the long:

3Lz (step-out)
    2A
    2F+2T (doubled)
    3Lo
    3T+2T
    1S+2T+2L (popped)
    3S

Good for her for going for the 3Lutz.
    Nice to see the Lutz back!

I'm curious to know if she intended to do a 3F-3T here.

The last Salchow is way toooo risky because it comes out of nothing and 2 seconds later the music stops. If she is only a little behind the music, it won't work.

I think a couple of times we will see an alternative finishing pose, that's being her down on the ice !?

But the program is great!

At least, she won't be criticized because of not trying the lutz: with a 3F+3T or a 2A+3T she'll be attempting 7 triples! And the program is so elegant, complex, difficult, innovative, even if she clearly didn't perform her best today!

Custom Title
    Yet Carolina got higher PCS here than Akiko at NHK, with only 1 clean 3T here, 2 <, 1 stepped out 3Lz ... man oh man... the COP scoring system/judges are a funny bunch aren't they.

Nice to see her going for the 3lutz though and the program has potential

Protocols

http://www.croskate.hr/media/ZP12/GS..._FS_Scores.pdf
    Last edited by os168; 12-15-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Custom Title
    Hmm. Did Kostner get 47.xx tech mark for long then? Does that mean she has to get higher score at Euro to compete in World?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Yet Carolina got higher PCS here than Akiko at NHK, with only 1 clean 3T here, 2 <, 1 stepped out 3Lz ... man oh man... the COP scoring system/judges are a funny bunch aren't they.

Nice to see her going for the 3lutz though and the program has potential

Protocols

http://www.croskate.hr/media/ZP12/GS..._FS_Scores.pdf
    Her pcs magically shot from 6-7 to 7-8 overnight if her performance sucked in the LP. The judges are on crack.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gimble View Post
    Hmm. Did Kostner get 47.xx tech mark for long then? Does that mean she has to get higher score at Euro to compete in World?
    She got 47.37. Since the minimum is 48, you are correct.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    Who cares how short it is, figure skaters have to jump so it doesn't matter anyways.
    I'm not complaining. Its just you always see people on here and other forums blast her for her short dresses
    and say that you could see her crotch.
    and yes her dress is short and it doesnt seem to fit her well at the top, but it could just be me. colour is nice.

Custom Title
    I am back home now. Could not stay for the gala. My head was falling apart.

Carolina had somewhat conservative layout of jumps, but she did try lutz and i think it is a very good sing.

My impression is that she wanted to let herself go to the music. The program is slow and it is somewhat strange seeing Caro skating slowly BUT it is very smooth and looks sophisticated. She is being flirty and I love it. As the rhythm picks up (the cut of the music is maybe a little off) she picks up speed but it is very hard to notice when & where she does starts gliding/skating faster.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I am back home now. Could not stay for the gala. My head was falling apart.

Carolina had somewhat conservative layout of jumps, but she did try lutz and i think it is a very good sing.

My impression is that she wanted to let herself go to the music. The program is slow and it is somewhat strange seeing Caro skating slowly BUT it is very smooth and looks sophisticated. She is being flirty and I love it. As the rhythm picks up (the cut of the music is maybe a little off) she picks up speed but it is very hard to notice when & where she does starts gliding/skating faster.
    What kind of jumps did she practice in the 6 min warm-up und were they successful?

Custom Title
    I wish I could be more informative...
    My wireless was acting out and I was freaking out during the warm up. I do remember her trying lutz. She did not go for the triple but just practiced the take off.

Quote Originally Posted by icedinn View Post
    I'm not complaining. Its just you always see people on here and other forums blast her for her short dresses
    and say that you could see her crotch.
    and yes her dress is short and it doesnt seem to fit her well at the top, but it could just be me. colour is nice.
    I understand what you're saying, if you can see that then she shouldn't wear beige tights in the first place but then again she's not the only one.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gimble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    She got 47.37. Since the minimum is 48, you are correct.
    No she has reached the minimum last year a lot of times. There never was a problem and not her goal today. She just wonted to get out her programs and was happy to do it.
    In the gala she skated to It's Oh so quiet and got a standing owation

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    No she has reached the minimum last year a lot of times. There never was a problem and not her goal today. She just wonted to get out her programs and was happy to do it.
    In the gala she skated to It's Oh so quiet and got a standing owation
    Oh yes, that's right, the minimum TES has to be achieved in the on-going season or the immediate preceding season. Thanks for the correction.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast