Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Golden Spin of Zagreb Dec. 13 to 15

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    kosjenka, Thanks so much for telling us about it.

It is always exciting to see the debut of a program, although it is usually the case that it will need work.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Yes, it looks like that all the others gain "reputation points" when they win big competition, she simply doesn't :( Anyway, I hope the judges in the big competition will give her the marks she deserve! (And, no, 64.99 is not low, but if you compare it to Korpi's 69 with the same jumps...)
    Enlighten me please, when did Korpi receive 69 points?? More than Mao or Ashley and almost as Yuna? I tell you, never! It is not possible with that kind of jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by IleK View Post
    Enlighten me please, when did Korpi receive 69 points?? More than Mao or Ashley and almost as Yuna? I tell you, never! It is not possible with that kind of jumps.
    At Finlandia Trophy, this season...

Finlania Trophy, where she received 33+ PCS... It was in Finland and with the home crowd advantage, I agree, but it was still an international Senior B competition

Custom Title
    So you want Carolina to get inflated scores? So that she can be criticized as Kiira. That shouldn't be taken in consideration because it was at home and in that competition all the scores were higher than deserved for all competitors (also Julia and Mirai couldn't reach that level in GP), and for the same SP, skated as well as in Finlandia, she scored yesterday at Nationals 66 which is more realistic. She scored 63,.. internationally at GPF but without a clean 3-3. Wait to see Carolina at Nationals, very soon. She will get 69 if you want that but it will do no good to her. Home judges always give a wrong impression, instead of showing from the begining what the skater needs to improve so that he or she can be succesful on the international scene. They all make them think they are perfect, is the same as when your parents tell you that you are the most beautiful and intelligent kid in the world, but they don't make any comparison to others because you are their only child and they love you the most.
    Finlania Trophy, where she received 33+ PCS... It was in Finland and with the home crowd advantage, I agree, but it was still an international Senior B competition

Custom Title
    But I agree with you concerning Carolina PCS. I have my own battle with judges, I have no respect for them because there are too many times when they don't show the skaters or us any respect too. I can't trust their judgement anymore. Because they change from one day to the other. How can they explain to us, and especially to Carolina who came to this competition to see how her new programs are received before the big competition, why her PCS were so low in SP (and I liked it better than de LP) and suddenly over night the PCS were much higher. It would make more sense if it would have been the other way around, higher in SP because it was clean and lower in LP because she had mistakes but I remember that Mao had the same kind of mistakes (doubled and underroted but not falls) and her PCS weren't affected. Ashley had 2 falls in LP at GPF and her PCS and leves almost on every element went down. So, where is the true judgement?

Custom Title
    Don't compare scores from International B competitions with those from GP, Euros, Worlds, 4CC.
    Skaters generally get higher scores on IBC.

Custom Title
    Wait to see Carolina at Nationals, very soon. She will get 69 if you want that but it will do no good to her. Home judges always give a wrong impression, instead of showing from the begining what the skater needs to improve so that he or she can be succesful on the international scene.
    You won't. If you look at Italian National scores, they generally are quite the same as the GP and Euro scores.

Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I wish I could be more informative...
    My wireless was acting out and I was freaking out during the warm up. I do remember her trying lutz. She did not go for the triple but just practiced the take off.
    Do you remember if she tried 2A+3T or 3F+3T?

Custom Title
    Do you remember if she tried 2A+3T or 3F+3T?
    I dont think so.
    My friend (who is not FS junkie) says she only saw single jumps, but she watched Isadora Willaims more because of her geisha costume.

So I cannot be sure since I was freaking out and just wanted to make the equipment work.

Custom Title
    I have read somebody commenting on yt that she was practicing a 3f-3t for the free

Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    I have read somebody commenting on yt that she was practicing a 3f-3t for the free
    I would LOVE to see her wonderful signature 3-3 back, I remember her landing it in the 2011 TEB FS warm-up, but then she focused on the 2A+3T, a 3F+3T in the FS would be wonderful!

Custom Title
    Kosjenka, thanks so much for the rinkside report! I'm starting to feel like quite the world traveler, now that I have onsite knowledge of so many skating competitions all over the planet. Sorry your equipment was giving you trouble.

Custom Title
    Kostner's fs practice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh16FjRjYqY
    It seems she had landed multiple 3f-3ts during that session

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    Kostner's fs practice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh16FjRjYqY
    It seems she had landed multiple 3f-3ts during that session
    WOW, thank you for the video! Her 3lz and 3f3t look great! I suppose her jump layout will be something like:

3lz
    2a
    3f3t
    3l
    3t2t
    3sal2t2l
    3sal

I am not sure on the combos though as I don't know the rules that well ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast