Russian Senior Nationals Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Nationals Entries

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia will skip Senior Nationals, wise decision to heal all her injuries
she will only compete at Junior Nationals and Junior Worlds next year

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Tatyana Fedoseeva will skate at RN insted of Julia Lipnitskaya, said Piseev. He also said that the first two in each segment (Pairs, Men, Ladies, Dances) will got to Europeans automatically. The third spot will be decided by the RusFed. Russia has the maximum 3 spots in each segment at Euros.

Country
Russia
(...)said Piseev. He also said that the first two in each segment (Pairs, Men, Ladies, Dances) will got to Europeans automatically. The third spot will be decided by the RusFed. Russia has the maximum 3 spots in each segment at Euros.
Nothing new.
It is an usual practice for many years - one of the places is by decision of Coach Council, others (if any) - first places of (eligible by age) at qualifying competition.
At most, all the places are highest places of qualifying competition. Situation when send other person or couple may be (for example, Leonova at 2009 was at Euro instead of Petushkova), but is rare enough.

Qualifying for Euro is Nationals, qualifying for Worlds is a combination of Nationals and Euro.

Country
Russia
Tatyana Fedoseeva will skate at RN insted of Julia Lipnitskaya

Tatyana Fedoseeva (born 08 Dec 1998, a month elder than Radionova) is not a very interesting skater. But she has a good progress from past season. If she will progress in future, she may become a serious competitor.
Her best result at national-level competitions - at March 2009 Zhuk Memorial ("baby Nationals", younger age). 7th place, lower than Radionova(1st), Pogorilaya(2nd), Lipnitskaia(6th, very good result for province girl, after that she became "Moscow girl").

Country
Russia
Polina Shelepen withdraws because of leg injury, told her coach Svetlana Sokolovskaya.
http://fcp-press.ru/articles/p2_articleid/6054 (Russian)

Injury was before Federation Cup (which was 05-07 Oct).
Coach tells that first competition after restoring may be Final of Russian Cup (16-19 Feb 2013), or may be in new season.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Polina Shelepen withdraws because of leg injury, told her coach Svetlana Sokolovskaya.
http://fcp-press.ru/articles/p2_articleid/6054 (Russian)

Injury was before Federation Cup (which was 05-07 Oct).
Coach tells that first competition after restoring may be Final of Russian Cup (16-19 Feb 2013), or may be in new season.

Poor girl... So that leaves only 6 competitors age-eligible for international senior championships.
Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Leonova, Korobeynikova, Makarova and Biryukova.

Looking at the performances so far, it seems like Radionova or Liza is going to win this. But you know Liza has no good history at nationals. Sotnikova has a very good history instead. But her GP performances didn't make me satisfy. Hope she doesn't just shine at nationals then don't perform well internationally. I think Leonova will be supported with presentation marks but I hope she is in a better shape now cause I really love her presence on the ice. She must be in the team. And my best wishes are with Polina again. It will be very difficult for her to get into the team. But sure she has more chance than Makarova and Biryukova. So sad that though Ksenia has the best presentation among these 6 ladies, she even couldn't match the minimum TES requirement of FS for Worlds. Such a waste of talent...

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think that the Euros team will be Leonova, Liza, Makarova (to give her the chance to obtain the TES for Worlds) and, if Makarova still performs poorly in the FS, the World team would be Leonova, Liza and Adelina. Yes, my prediction is:
1) Leonova (it looks like she's very good at coming back from bad periods, see Worlds 2012 after 7th place at Euros and Nationals 2011 after disastrous CoR 2010)
2) Liza (if she can skate a better SP, her 7 consistent triples in the FS are probablly enough to keep her on the podium)
3) Sotnikova (even if she makes mistakes in the jumps, her spins and the high PCS that she usually receive at nationals should be enough)
4) Makarova (she could actually be in the top 3 after the SP, but her FS jumps are always :disapp:, one inconstant 3F and usually mistakes in 3T and 3S are really not enough for a medal, I think)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Best of luck to Yuka & Sasha in the pairs. I know that no matter what happens on the ice V/T is going to win the comp but they have every chance of second. The results in the GPF have me slightly worried though, they were a long way behind the top 2 despite delivering the best performance (IMO). I hope the Fed aren't trying to dump them. I really hope every one skates well, would like to see M/R and S/K do well and the new junior pair of Tarasova/Morozov.

Does anyone think the dance field is a bit small? Was expecting around 15 couples, I think there is only 10 entered. Interesting to see who comes out on top, my favourites are B/S, really love their free dance. Ladies should be interesting, I would imagine there is a lot of pressure on Sotnikova are her less than stellar performances so far this season. Probably Tukt for the win if she can put in a decent short programme.

For the men I really want Menshov to do well, interesting to see how Gachinski performs but I guess Plushenko is the favourite.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
BazLar withdrew. He broke the heel of his boot. The new boots are not ready to compete. Curious who will get a bronze now at RN. But I think it won't change the spot of BazLar for Euros and Worlds.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
BazLar withdrew. He broke the heel of his boot. The new boots are not ready to compete. Curious who will get a bronze now at RN. But I think it won't change the spot of BazLar for Euros and Worlds.
It will be Stolbova/Klimov for sure...

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Twitter people reported that Plu landed quads, quads in combo, axels. Gachi's doing well too. Go, Men! Bring some real competition of you please as some N.Y gifts to fs fans who had to deal with some lousy events recently.

There was an 5.8 earthquake in Sochi. No one got injured. Things are fine.