Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Russian Senior Nationals Entries

Banned
    RN will be broadcasted by NTV-plus Sport, or NTV-plus Online, or Sport Plus (the detail schedule will show up a week before the event). All those channels belong to NTV and got shut down online due to copyrights restrictions. Maybe some link will show up right before the event. The said channels are available on paysite http://tvteka.com . Pissev said tickets for RN will not be in sale for public. The event will be a test event for Olympics security reasons. So, only those who applied and got 'checked' will get a 'guest card' to attend the event, whatever that all means.

Banned
    does it mean its a closed competition ?
    that would suck

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    does it mean its a closed competition ?
    that would suck
    I think it's a limited competition rather than a closed competition. I don't know if all people (max 12000) who need the ticket can get it. Someone said the ticket might be given around 600 people, but I'm not sure.

Any news about Lipnitskaya? Will she compete at Senior Nationals?

Julia won't be at nationals. I posted the news link on the russian skaters thread.

Banned
    Julia will skip Senior Nationals, wise decision to heal all her injuries
    she will only compete at Junior Nationals and Junior Worlds next year

Banned
    Tatyana Fedoseeva will skate at RN insted of Julia Lipnitskaya, said Piseev. He also said that the first two in each segment (Pairs, Men, Ladies, Dances) will got to Europeans automatically. The third spot will be decided by the RusFed. Russia has the maximum 3 spots in each segment at Euros.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    (...)said Piseev. He also said that the first two in each segment (Pairs, Men, Ladies, Dances) will got to Europeans automatically. The third spot will be decided by the RusFed. Russia has the maximum 3 spots in each segment at Euros.
    Nothing new.
    It is an usual practice for many years - one of the places is by decision of Coach Council, others (if any) - first places of (eligible by age) at qualifying competition.
    At most, all the places are highest places of qualifying competition. Situation when send other person or couple may be (for example, Leonova at 2009 was at Euro instead of Petushkova), but is rare enough.

Qualifying for Euro is Nationals, qualifying for Worlds is a combination of Nationals and Euro.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Tatyana Fedoseeva will skate at RN insted of Julia Lipnitskaya
    Tatyana Fedoseeva (born 08 Dec 1998, a month elder than Radionova) is not a very interesting skater. But she has a good progress from past season. If she will progress in future, she may become a serious competitor.
    Her best result at national-level competitions - at March 2009 Zhuk Memorial ("baby Nationals", younger age). 7th place, lower than Radionova(1st), Pogorilaya(2nd), Lipnitskaia(6th, very good result for province girl, after that she became "Moscow girl").

Whatever happened to Rosa Sheveleva?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
    Whatever happened to Rosa Sheveleva?
    Illness of backbone.
    She will never be hi-level skater. Or at least it is almost impossible with such kind of illness.

Custom Title
    Polina Shelepen withdraws because of leg injury, told her coach Svetlana Sokolovskaya.
    http://fcp-press.ru/articles/p2_articleid/6054 (Russian)

Injury was before Federation Cup (which was 05-07 Oct).
    Coach tells that first competition after restoring may be Final of Russian Cup (16-19 Feb 2013), or may be in new season.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 12-21-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Polina Shelepen withdraws because of leg injury, told her coach Svetlana Sokolovskaya.

Coach tells that first competition after restoring may be Final of Russian Cup (16-19 Feb 2013), or may be in new season.
    What an unlucky season for her senior debut!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post

Poor girl... So that leaves only 6 competitors age-eligible for international senior championships.
    Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Leonova, Korobeynikova, Makarova and Biryukova.

Looking at the performances so far, it seems like Radionova or Liza is going to win this. But you know Liza has no good history at nationals. Sotnikova has a very good history instead. But her GP performances didn't make me satisfy. Hope she doesn't just shine at nationals then don't perform well internationally. I think Leonova will be supported with presentation marks but I hope she is in a better shape now cause I really love her presence on the ice. She must be in the team. And my best wishes are with Polina again. It will be very difficult for her to get into the team. But sure she has more chance than Makarova and Biryukova. So sad that though Ksenia has the best presentation among these 6 ladies, she even couldn't match the minimum TES requirement of FS for Worlds. Such a waste of talent...

I think that the Euros team will be Leonova, Liza, Makarova (to give her the chance to obtain the TES for Worlds) and, if Makarova still performs poorly in the FS, the World team would be Leonova, Liza and Adelina. Yes, my prediction is:
    1) Leonova (it looks like she's very good at coming back from bad periods, see Worlds 2012 after 7th place at Euros and Nationals 2011 after disastrous CoR 2010)
    2) Liza (if she can skate a better SP, her 7 consistent triples in the FS are probablly enough to keep her on the podium)
    3) Sotnikova (even if she makes mistakes in the jumps, her spins and the high PCS that she usually receive at nationals should be enough)
    4) Makarova (she could actually be in the top 3 after the SP, but her FS jumps are always , one inconstant 3F and usually mistakes in 3T and 3S are really not enough for a medal, I think)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast