Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GPF previews and interviews

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar

ISU's Facebook photo album for Sochi GPF and JGPF

ISU's Facebook photo album for Sochi GPF and JGPF:

Sixteen photos so far, mostly of the skaters mingling at the opening reception.
    Plus ... elaborately costumed Russian folk dancers evidently provided entertainment, and Farris and Chan got into the act.
    Last edited by golden411; 12-06-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Custom Title
    A couple of newspapers say the arena is too warm so that ice is melting here and there. Also, the surface of ice is not level..Is that true? I am crossing my fingers these bad conditions do not affect skaters' performances.
    Good luck to everyone, and may the best man/lady/team who skates the best on the night win!

Banned
    ^ That's odd. I was partly surprised to read these comments in J-media. Diva Trankov, who had arrived earlier in Sochi and had complained about everything possible (food, rooms, then he got another room), actually spoke quite high about the quality of the ice. Pair skating is not kids' stuff, that Russian Drama Queen with no national bias would have surely reported if smth. was wrong with the ice. My guess is at some moments maybe that ice stuff is not working properly well. Or whatever.

Custom Title
    Golly, I hope the ice is okay. It's terrible to see skaters falling through no fault of their own, just because the ice isn't right. And if this is what the Olympic ice will be...eeeeek! Let's Talk, I hope you're right and that Trankov is satisfied with the quality of the ice, because he seems to have pretty exacting standards, and if the ice is good for a pairs skater carrying his partner overhead while balancing on one foot, it's probably all right.

(1) Meagan Duhamel ‏@mhjd_85
    Amazing practice here in Sochi! Beautiful rink and perfect ice! #GPF2012 #Sochi
    2:31 AM - 5 Dec 12
    [emphasis added]

(2) Korpi battles flu to continue fine season at Final
    Three-time Finnish champion delighted by 2012-13 results so far

By Vladislav Luchianov, special to icenetwork.com
    (12/06/2012)
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Excerpt:
    Just a week ago, the skater was considering withdrawing from the event because of unexpected health problems. However, those obstacles could not stop her from fulfilling her great desire to perform in Sochi, on the same ice that will host the 2014 Olympic Winter Games.

Gao interview with Hersh (Dec 6)

Gao performing in 2 world-class worlds
    U.S. figure skater juggling books at Harvard with an eye on 2013 worlds and 2014 Olympics

Globetrotting by Philip Hersh
    December 6, 2012
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...1396768.column

I have so much respect for Christina after reading that article. I can only imagine how tough that is. I complain about being busy all the time and have less than half of her schedule and workload. She really makes people root for her. I hope she continues to improve at her own pace.

Banned
    People who attended Men practice twittered that both Javi and Chan fall a lot. Dai and Hanyu are stable with their jumps. Dai will have a new costume.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Dai will have a new costume.
    I hope he throws away his golves and it suits to my liking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2