Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013 Swedish Nationals December 13 to 16 2012

On the Ice
    Does this mean that Joshi will go to Worlds? And congratulations, of course!

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    ^ Perhaps. Though I think they should hold of their decision until after Euros. Viktoria usually does better than Joshi internationally because of PCS and Joshi's tendency to UR jumps.

Congrats to Gold winners Joshi, Alexander, Rebecka, Nicky and all the other medalists and participants. Go Sweden

Glad to see so many boys/men competing. Sad for Adrian who lately had to do a second back surgery just one year after his first. Please get well and come back Adrian! Same hopes for Linnea Mellgren and Angelica Olsson

Vicky, Joshi and Alexander go to Europeans. Substitutes: Isabelle Olsson and Ondrej Spiegl.

For Junior Worlds: Rebecka Emanuelsson, Josefin Taljegård and Ondrej Spiegl.

The Swedish federation usually decides who goes to Worlds after the Nordics(January 31-February 3 2013) So who knows? Joshi has come back strong from her injury(which made her skip lots of pre season training and two B-competitions) Could be she ups her technical elements already at Europeans and does even better at Nordics Anyways good luck to both sisters.

Nice interview with Joshi before Swedish Nationals. Thanks to Eva Maria Jangbro and Absolute Skating.

Some skaters choose music that has been used several times already, but you found something new, again, and you portray a bird. How do you reason when looking for music to a new program?
    Well for example, many skate to music Michelle Kwan has used, but when I hear that I think of her and then you almost have to live up to her skating skills and style. I like when you find something new and can do it your own way.
    What have you focused a little extra on?
    The triple-triple combinations. I worked so hard on those it resulted in a beginning of a stress fracture of the fibula. I was doing triple toe-triple toe combinations but could no longer practice toe loop after the injury, so now I’m practicing triple Salchow-triple loop.

3S+3Lo?! Did she mean 3S+3T, right? Because she has never landed a 3-3 (I think), but beginning with a combo with the loop as the second jump would be something fabolous for Joshi! I really like her skating, I hope she doesn well at Euros and, unlike many people, I think that she is the best for Worlds: she has the 3Lz, and Viktoria doesn't, and this could make teh difference, if just she doesn't UR it, her sister also has often problems because of the UR jumps...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    3S+3Lo?! Did she mean 3S+3T, right? Because she has never landed a 3-3 (I think), but beginning with a combo with the loop as the second jump would be something fabolous for Joshi! I really like her skating, I hope she doesn well at Euros and, unlike many people, I think that she is the best for Worlds: she has the 3Lz, and Viktoria doesn't, and this could make teh difference, if just she doesn't UR it, her sister also has often problems because of the UR jumps...
    No I think it actually is a triple sal triple loop!, she says in the interview that she couldnt practice toe loops with her injury, I think she did 3sal 2loop as her combo in a recent comp was it NRW trophy? it woul be so impressive if she did it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2