Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ross Miner

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    meanwhile today Weir is a much weaker skater than the top current U.S men, even as unremarkable on the World stage as they might be, in addition to that he wont be geting any boost from USFSA preferential treatment. Which leaves him with no chance. Pretty simple.
    Johnny and Evan have not been skating competitively for two years and their bodies are a lot older too. The fact Johnny worked hard to get in shape to come back for himself and his fans is admirable. He didn't say he was coming back and then not do it. Johnny skated competitive programs at Finlandia in his comeback debut and placed fourth. He was hampered by injury (his body no longer used to the rigors of competition) at Rostelecom Cup. From what I hear, he's still planning to compete at Nationals in January.

I respect Johnny's decision to try and come back but I'd rather see him and Evan competing on a Pro Tour, which likely will never happen, however hopefully they both will go on to do shows and get over their desire to compete as eligible skaters in Sochi. At this point, I would be happy to see Johnny in shows and to hear his commentary in the broadcast booth. But as a fan, I support him in whatever decisions he makes in regard to his skating.

Johnny's relationship with USFS has improved or they would never have assisted in his effort to come back. However, I doubt Johnny has ever expected nor is expecting now any "preferential" treatment from USFS or from any judges. Since you're not the God of Johnny Weir, it's "pretty simple" that you don't get to decide what his "chances" on the ice and in life are or will be.

Now, back to Ross Miner:

Thanks so much mskater93 for your thoughtful and thought-provoking posts. ITA with your assessments regarding how Ross' coaches are guiding him, and the significance of his work with his new choreographers!

Banned
    I dont "decide" anything, nor did I ever declare too. I can just see the obvious (just like when I stated 2 years ago it was obvious even a splatty Chan would be allowed by the judges to lose to nobody even skating lights out in anything but a cheesefest for the next 2 years atleast and have been right with flying colors) like a past his prime, aging, and now injured Weir having no chance at Nationals vs younger skaters who can easily outjump him , outskate him, do more transitions than he does, have COP smarter programs, and being scored by U.S judges who never gave Weir any help. For others who cant see it, that is their problem, but they will find out for themselves soon enough so no worry.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I dont "decide" anything, nor did I ever declare too. I can just see the obvious (just like when I stated 2 years ago it was obvious even a splatty Chan would be allowed by the judges to lose to nobody even skating lights out in anything but a cheesefest for the next 2 years atleast and have been right with flying colors) like a past his prime, aging, and now injured Weir having no chance at Nationals vs younger skaters who can easily outjump him , outskate him, do more transitions than he does, have COP smarter programs, and being scored by U.S judges who never gave Weir any help. For others who cant see it, that is their problem, but they will find out for themselves soon enough so no worry.
    From the beginning, I doubt Johnny's comeback was about what you seem focused on. I think Johnny was challenging himself and making a commitment to get in shape and to do everything it took to be as competitive as he could possibly be and to follow through on his commitment for himself and for his fans. After that, he was likely prepared for the chips to fall where they may. Being a figure skater is not new to him, and he's quite aware of how difficult it is to come back and compete against younger guys and veterans who never took two years off. I don't fully know or understand Johnny's motivations, desires or expectations and neither do you. But as a long-time fan, I suspect he isn't worrying about his competitors, but is focused on himself and trying to be in shape to present the best programs he can.

Since I'm not interested in scoring points for being right about predictions/ assumptions/ guesses, I'm perfectly willing to wait and find out what happens for all the competitors at Nationals, "soon enough no worries."

Now can we get back to Ross?

I think Ross has a great 3-axel, which Johnny admired during the 2012 Nats broadcast, and when Johnny's compliment was brought to Ross' attention, Ross in turn saluted Johnny for his masterful 3-axel.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Ross does have an official website, but it has not been updated for his 2 GP events.

http://www.rossminer.net/Programs%20...ner/index.html

And his gale program was chacked in the Japanese version I watched. Here it is from the Russian broadcast:

Ross Miner
    Sinatra-Luck be a Lady
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...D72ztI#t=1233s

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Nice holiday season article about how Ross & the Miners celebrate Christmas.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 01-04-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Congratulations to Ross on his first silver medal. And his first US championships where he landed a quad (two of them!)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Congratulations to Ross on his first silver medal. And his first US championships where he landed a quad (two of them!)
    to Ross for his achievements at US Nats!!!

His japanese fans indeed look forward to seeing and rooting for him at 4CC in Osaka very soon. He had a couple of great skates when competing in Japan for some reason. Best of luck to him!

My congratulations to Ross on his silver altho to be honest I expected him to grab the gold. However, I'm a Max Aaron fan, too so overall I was happy with Nationals results & our new World team. Looking forward to the upcoming competitions. It may be a long shot for them to garner 3 spots for 2014 but I believe its doable.

Fox Sports has an interview with Ross

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/st...r-2010-020613?

News Ross Miner

LONDON, Ontario — After taking online courses from the University of Missouri for a couple of years, Ross Miner figures that it might be time for him to actually sit in a lecture hall with classmates and a professor.

“I haven’t been to actual school since sixth grade at Mater Christi, so my study habits are a little interesting,” said the 22-year-old Vermont native, who will be competing Wednesday at the World Figure Skating Championships in London, Ontario. “I have a post-doctorate, if there is such a thing, in skating.”

More

Custom Title

Ross "The Boss" Miner!

Since the disgusting nasties spewing their vindictive hatred at Ross got the Ross thread in "The Edge" closed:

Let's have a happy Ross thread!

The first thing that attracted me to Ross' skating was his bright, delighted smile. I knew immediately that here was someone who has never forgotten to skate for the joy of skating!

Your turn!

Count me in as a Ross fan. I think he is a well rounded skater (he is learning the quad, and it is a challenge for him - and this is coming from someone who doesn't particularly care for quads). I think he is a musical skater and a humble person. We have been very fortunate to see him a few summers in a row @ the Liberty Summer Competition, and I have been very impressed with him from the first time we saw him there. I liked him as a junior as well.

Me too! In fact we already have a Ross fan fest thread. I'll be merging this thread into it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Me too! In fact we already have a Ross fan fest thread. I'll be merging this thread into it.
    *facepalm* Sorry!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast