Thread: William and Kate expecting first child

Hybrid View

Custom Title

William and Kate expecting first child

Custom Title
    I just read about it today! I wish them a healthy delivery and a strong, happy child.

I just hope that this was not because they felt pressure to have kids right away...

I hear she's having a heck of a time though - she's got HG

Custom Title
    I hope the old wives' tale about morning sickness signifying a healthy child is true.

I think the pressure's probably a little less on them than it was on Charles and Diana because William's not the first in line for the throne. Also, I think the senior royals have learned to be a bit less rigid about these things. After all, they let Kate and Will be a couple for almost ten years without laying down the law, which compared to what they put Charles through is practically laissez faire.

well the media was pretty relentless last summer as I recall...

Congrats to them both and their families.

Based upon the wedding, the family probably didn't apply pressure them. They've been married 18 months already. I'm sure that William and Kate wanted a year to adjust to married life for them both and royal life for Kate. They've known each other a long time and are in their late 20's. They may have tried earlier than most newlyweds, but it's nto as though they had to think about finances and careers as much.

I do think that they announced their pregnancy 'early' because of her admittance to the hospital. If they hadn't, the media would've been in a frenzy guessing.

Hopefully, her symptoms ease and she has an easier time with the remainder her pregnancy. Best wishes for a Happy Healthy Life for Baby Cambridge.

Congrats to Kate & William. I hope her medical condition will be eased ASAP. May she and the baby to be be healthy.