Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: William and Kate expecting first child

Custom Title

William and Kate expecting first child

Custom Title
    I just read about it today! I wish them a healthy delivery and a strong, happy child.

I just hope that this was not because they felt pressure to have kids right away...

I hear she's having a heck of a time though - she's got HG

Custom Title
    I hope the old wives' tale about morning sickness signifying a healthy child is true.

I think the pressure's probably a little less on them than it was on Charles and Diana because William's not the first in line for the throne. Also, I think the senior royals have learned to be a bit less rigid about these things. After all, they let Kate and Will be a couple for almost ten years without laying down the law, which compared to what they put Charles through is practically laissez faire.

well the media was pretty relentless last summer as I recall...

Congrats to them both and their families.

Based upon the wedding, the family probably didn't apply pressure them. They've been married 18 months already. I'm sure that William and Kate wanted a year to adjust to married life for them both and royal life for Kate. They've known each other a long time and are in their late 20's. They may have tried earlier than most newlyweds, but it's nto as though they had to think about finances and careers as much.

I do think that they announced their pregnancy 'early' because of her admittance to the hospital. If they hadn't, the media would've been in a frenzy guessing.

Hopefully, her symptoms ease and she has an easier time with the remainder her pregnancy. Best wishes for a Happy Healthy Life for Baby Cambridge.

Congrats to Kate & William. I hope her medical condition will be eased ASAP. May she and the baby to be be healthy.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Congrats to Kate & William. I hope her medical condition will be eased ASAP. May she and the baby to be be healthy.
    Totally agree...wellness to both mom & baby Diana (that's what I'm calling the baby until it's born)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Totally agree...wellness to both mom & baby Diana (that's what I'm calling the baby until it's born)
    the Royal experts are predicting Charlotte or Victoria for the 1st name. Diana Elizabeth or Elizabeth Diana for 2 of the middle names. Victoria would be after Queen Victoria and would befitting since this the 1st time a daughter would not be 'overturned' by the birth of a younger brother! Charlotte for Prince Charles.

Guesses for a boy include Phillip (after grandfather) or George after great grandfather. I think both William and Charlies have at least 2 out of 3 of Phillip, Arthur and/or George as their middle names.

Congratulations to Kate and Wills. Get well soon Kate!

I am thrilled that we have a Royal Thread. I agree with Dee, baby Diana if it is a girl.

Custom Title
    I've also heard the possibility of Arthur as a first name. Wouldn't that be fun! To my Narnian fan friends, I suggested, not completely in jest, Peter as a name. It's used in other European countries and is a very common British name, though not used thus far for a monarch. Outside of Narnia, that is.

I like the idea of Charlotte, which is actually a very regal name across Europe, if not customarily used in Britain itself. I agree that Victoria is also a good idea.

I guess Louis could get into the chain of names somewhere, or Louise if it's a girl. It's one of William's names, and it was given him after Lord Louis Mountbatten, Charles's great-uncle I think, whom Charles was very fond of.

I wish some peace from the media for the family. I also hope the baby doesnt take after his/her uncle!
    You gotta love the parliment rushing through new succession rules....girl comes out first, she will be Queen!
    Twins are no problem....cesarian section on twins could be bit of a sticky wicket.

I favor Diana Spencer Louisa Victoria=to ever remind the Royals of the great loss of Lady Diana Spencer, the most aristocratic person to marry a Windsor. Elizabeth's name should be retired/ Caroline is nice but maybe too common.
    Anyone favo Camilla, lol? They do love her they claim. Oh, godness.
    For a boy=any string without Phillip, or Charles, thankyou.

How about Coyote Chris if its a male? All Hail King Coyote!
    As far as a girl....gotta be Diana (they will name the dog Camilla)
    Diana Alissa Ashley Windsor....thats the ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    I favor Diana Spencer Louisa Victoria=to ever remind the Royals of the great loss of Lady Diana Spencer, the most aristocratic person to marry a Windsor. Elizabeth's name should be retired/ Caroline is nice but maybe too common.
    Anyone favo Camilla, lol? They do love her they claim. Oh, godness.
    For a boy=any string without Phillip, or Charles, thankyou.

Custom Title
    Speaking of names: I was thinking this morning of Princess Anne, once thought a rather prickly sort but now regarded as a stalwart individualist. She carefully kept herself and her family out of the limelight and refused royal titles for her kids. She named her son the traditional Peter but named her daughter Zara. Zara Phillips, now married to a rugby player, leads a much less structured life than her cousins and their future child(ren) ever could.

As for Coyote...I believe Peter Phillips' wife is named Autumn. A Prince Coyote would fit right in!

This interview with Anne many years ago shows what kind of person she is: almost the epitome of British understatement and a cool head in a dire situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXoyjpeEH_o
    Last edited by Olympia; 12-06-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast