William and Kate expecting first child | Golden Skate

William and Kate expecting first child

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I just hope that this was not because they felt pressure to have kids right away...

I hear she's having a heck of a time though - she's got HG

I hope the old wives' tale about morning sickness signifying a healthy child is true.

I think the pressure's probably a little less on them than it was on Charles and Diana because William's not the first in line for the throne. Also, I think the senior royals have learned to be a bit less rigid about these things. After all, they let Kate and Will be a couple for almost ten years without laying down the law, which compared to what they put Charles through is practically laissez faire.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well the media was pretty relentless last summer as I recall...

heyang

Record Breaker
Congrats to them both and their families.

Based upon the wedding, the family probably didn't apply pressure them. They've been married 18 months already. I'm sure that William and Kate wanted a year to adjust to married life for them both and royal life for Kate. They've known each other a long time and are in their late 20's. They may have tried earlier than most newlyweds, but it's nto as though they had to think about finances and careers as much.

I do think that they announced their pregnancy 'early' because of her admittance to the hospital. If they hadn't, the media would've been in a frenzy guessing.

Hopefully, her symptoms ease and she has an easier time with the remainder her pregnancy. Best wishes for a Happy Healthy Life for Baby Cambridge.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Kate & William. I hope her medical condition will be eased ASAP. May she and the baby to be be healthy.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Kate & William. I hope her medical condition will be eased ASAP. May she and the baby to be be healthy.

Totally agree...wellness to both mom & baby Diana (that's what I'm calling the baby until it's born)

heyang

Record Breaker
Totally agree...wellness to both mom & baby Diana (that's what I'm calling the baby until it's born)

the Royal experts are predicting Charlotte or Victoria for the 1st name. Diana Elizabeth or Elizabeth Diana for 2 of the middle names. Victoria would be after Queen Victoria and would befitting since this the 1st time a daughter would not be 'overturned' by the birth of a younger brother! Charlotte for Prince Charles.

Guesses for a boy include Phillip (after grandfather) or George after great grandfather. I think both William and Charlies have at least 2 out of 3 of Phillip, Arthur and/or George as their middle names.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Kate and Wills. Get well soon Kate!

I am thrilled that we have a Royal Thread. I agree with Dee, baby Diana if it is a girl.

I've also heard the possibility of Arthur as a first name. Wouldn't that be fun! To my Narnian fan friends, I suggested, not completely in jest, Peter as a name. It's used in other European countries and is a very common British name, though not used thus far for a monarch. Outside of Narnia, that is.

I like the idea of Charlotte, which is actually a very regal name across Europe, if not customarily used in Britain itself. I agree that Victoria is also a good idea.

I guess Louis could get into the chain of names somewhere, or Louise if it's a girl. It's one of William's names, and it was given him after Lord Louis Mountbatten, Charles's great-uncle I think, whom Charles was very fond of.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I wish some peace from the media for the family. I also hope the baby doesnt take after his/her uncle! ;)
You gotta love the parliment rushing through new succession rules....girl comes out first, she will be Queen!
Twins are no problem....cesarian section on twins could be bit of a sticky wicket.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I favor Diana Spencer Louisa Victoria=to ever remind the Royals of the great loss of Lady Diana Spencer, the most aristocratic person to marry a Windsor. Elizabeth's name should be retired/ Caroline is nice but maybe too common.
Anyone favo Camilla, lol? They do love her they claim. Oh, godness.
For a boy=any string without Phillip, or Charles, thankyou.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
How about Coyote Chris if its a male? All Hail King Coyote!
As far as a girl....gotta be Diana (they will name the dog Camilla)
Diana Alissa Ashley Windsor....thats the ticket!

I favor Diana Spencer Louisa Victoria=to ever remind the Royals of the great loss of Lady Diana Spencer, the most aristocratic person to marry a Windsor. Elizabeth's name should be retired/ Caroline is nice but maybe too common.
Anyone favo Camilla, lol? They do love her they claim. Oh, godness.
For a boy=any string without Phillip, or Charles, thankyou.

Speaking of names: I was thinking this morning of Princess Anne, once thought a rather prickly sort but now regarded as a stalwart individualist. She carefully kept herself and her family out of the limelight and refused royal titles for her kids. She named her son the traditional Peter but named her daughter Zara. Zara Phillips, now married to a rugby player, leads a much less structured life than her cousins and their future child(ren) ever could.

As for Coyote...I believe Peter Phillips' wife is named Autumn. A Prince Coyote would fit right in!

This interview with Anne many years ago shows what kind of person she is: almost the epitome of British understatement and a cool head in a dire situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXoyjpeEH_o

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How about Coyote Chris if its a male? All Hail King Coyote!
As far as a girl....gotta be Diana (they will name the dog Camilla)
Diana Alissa Ashley Windsor....thats the ticket!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Too funny Chris!! They could go very non-traditional and call the baby Big Bird as a loving nickname....Elmo is totally out for obvious reasons we shouldn't mention.

I have a vague memory of Duchess Sarah talking about her daughter Beatrice as Beetroot (when she was a baby, of course), which is what the Brits call beets over there. Nicknames are a wonderful thing indeed.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very sad news about the nurse who took care of Kate. Has anyone heard what the 2 dj's said about the situation???

I haven't heard anything from the dj's, but I am seething. How could they have played the tape on the air? I understand that the voice on the phone wasn't the poor woman who killed herself, but I am sure she felt responsible, and who knows what else was going on in her life that made this event push her over the edge. I'm sure the dj's are "really, really sorry." Why don't people think of the possibilities in the first place?

You know what struck me when I heard of this? Suppose someone is in an accident. There's an injury, maybe with bleeding. Who do you think would rush forward to help that person--this nurse, or one of the dj's? Yet the dj's thought that their job was so important that they were willing to risk the job of the nurse just to get--what? Ratings? Fame? Street cred? Well, they're famous now.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In some ways I hope they're held responsible...maybe that would be an eye opener for them. I wonder if impersonating the queen could hold any weight here. I feel sorrry for her teenage children; it was hard for me when I lost my mom from medical issues and being older than those 2 children.

About 4-5 years ago there was a women with severe mental issues that killed her young son...I think he was about 10. Anyhow, a few days prior to killing him she called her social worker to come get him that she thought she might hurt him. The social worker did nothing. I thought if criminal charges were brought on her she might become a better worker and the boy might still be alive. He loved firemen and would go to the firehouse and talk with them. This was all before the mom got so sick. Anyhow they were a very poor family and the people in my city donated money for his buriel. The white hearse drove by the fire station that he would go visit. There was a whole block of firemen on both sides of the street and as the hearse went by they saluted. It was heartbreaking.