Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: William and Kate expecting first child

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    How about Coyote Chris if its a male? All Hail King Coyote!
    As far as a girl....gotta be Diana (they will name the dog Camilla)
    Diana Alissa Ashley Windsor....thats the ticket!
    Too funny Chris!! They could go very non-traditional and call the baby Big Bird as a loving nickname....Elmo is totally out for obvious reasons we shouldn't mention.

Custom Title
    I have a vague memory of Duchess Sarah talking about her daughter Beatrice as Beetroot (when she was a baby, of course), which is what the Brits call beets over there. Nicknames are a wonderful thing indeed.

Very sad news about the nurse who took care of Kate. Has anyone heard what the 2 dj's said about the situation???

Custom Title
    I haven't heard anything from the dj's, but I am seething. How could they have played the tape on the air? I understand that the voice on the phone wasn't the poor woman who killed herself, but I am sure she felt responsible, and who knows what else was going on in her life that made this event push her over the edge. I'm sure the dj's are "really, really sorry." Why don't people think of the possibilities in the first place?

You know what struck me when I heard of this? Suppose someone is in an accident. There's an injury, maybe with bleeding. Who do you think would rush forward to help that person--this nurse, or one of the dj's? Yet the dj's thought that their job was so important that they were willing to risk the job of the nurse just to get--what? Ratings? Fame? Street cred? Well, they're famous now.

In some ways I hope they're held responsible...maybe that would be an eye opener for them. I wonder if impersonating the queen could hold any weight here. I feel sorrry for her teenage children; it was hard for me when I lost my mom from medical issues and being older than those 2 children.

About 4-5 years ago there was a women with severe mental issues that killed her young son...I think he was about 10. Anyhow, a few days prior to killing him she called her social worker to come get him that she thought she might hurt him. The social worker did nothing. I thought if criminal charges were brought on her she might become a better worker and the boy might still be alive. He loved firemen and would go to the firehouse and talk with them. This was all before the mom got so sick. Anyhow they were a very poor family and the people in my city donated money for his buriel. The white hearse drove by the fire station that he would go visit. There was a whole block of firemen on both sides of the street and as the hearse went by they saluted. It was heartbreaking.

Custom Title
    Oh, my Lord. What a devastating story, Dee. I'm glad (well, that's the wrong word) that you and your fellow citizens were able to sponsor his burial. Sometimes it's so hard to bring a drop of good out of an ocean of evil, but it's always our obligation to try.

The thing about life is that often one doesn't know who's fragile at a certain moment and who isn't. That's why it's so important to tread carefully when taking some action that looks like a lot of fun when it emerges half-baked from one's mind. There are enough bad things that happen in the world without our adding more to the pile with some thoughtless or selfish action.

In a sense, the moronic stunt of the dj's is a lot like someone with a few too many drinks getting into a car and turning the ignition. These two radio workers were in their own little world, and they wanted a good time--they never stopped to think that other people were in their path as they barreled along.

I didn't realize that the poor nurse left children behind. That multiplies the agony level by a huge bunch, doesn't it? What an awful, awful situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2