• Javier Fernandez

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who do you think will take gold at the GPF in the men's division?

Christine

Spectator
I really hope that Daisuke will win, although admittedly chances aren't that high. But I do love to watch him skating!

Becki

Medalist
I really hope that Daisuke will win, although admittedly chances aren't that high. But I do love to watch him skating!

I want Daisuke to win too! He's the pioneer for Men Figure Skating in Japan, and I really hope he'll be the first Japanese Men to win the GPF Final title :)

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I was all about Dai last year, but I don't like his new programs nearly as much as last year's. I'm disappointed in them.

I don't have a strong sentimental favourite this time around. I guess I'd like for Chan to win this, but only if he's a good boy and lands his jumps.

ivy

On the Ice
Seems to me that Chan is the most likely, though I could see Yuzuru stepping up. I'd love to see Kozuku take it home, but I think the tech just isn't there for him. Hope all skate their best.

skatinginbc

Medalist
I was all about Dai last year, but I don't like his new programs nearly as much as last year's. I'm disappointed in them...I guess I'd like for Chan to win this, but only if he's a good boy and lands his jumps.
How amazing that our thoughts are almost identical, especially the "only if he's a good boy" part. :):biggrin:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Chan will win. But I wish kozuka would.

LRK

Record Breaker
I actually couldn't bring myself to vote for this one - silly of me, I know! :) The problem is that the ones I would prefer to win, I don't think will - and the ones I think are likely... well, I'm just not in the mood for voting for them...

StellaCampo

On the Ice
Like pairs the real question is who will be No. 2 and 3.
Unlike pairs all contenders have lots of positives for me.
Hanyu - I like his SP, technical and involvement.
Takahashi - I like his LP, the drama of verismo opera captured by his skating.
Fernandez - I like his LP. Really poignant. Wish he would not crumble.
Kozuka - Not so keen on his choice of music etc but if he can nail the jumps he will be gorgeous.
Machida - I like his SP & LP. He is improving too and has a distinct style.
We will have THE battle between Chan and Hanyu next season, not this season.

Last edited:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I predict that Hanyu will win the short and Patrick will win the free.

Bartek

On the Ice
I predict that Hanyu will win the short and Patrick will win the free.

If Chan is clean in SP he will easily beat even clean SP from Hanyu. Hanyu has his record score not because the judges prefer him to Chan but because he's taken advantage of the new rule which gives the bonus for jumps landed in the second half of the SP. If it hadn't been for that rule Takahashi would still hold his SP record. Chan's SP this season has jumps in the second half too so if he's clean he will take advantage of that and will easily score another world record, especially considering PCS the judges has been awarding him this season. He got over 90 for his FS at Rostelcom for the program that wasn't perfect.

diane044

Rinkside
I actually couldn't bring myself to vote for this one - silly of me, I know! :) The problem is that the ones I would prefer to win, I don't think will - and the ones I think are likely... well, I'm just not in the mood for voting for them...

I'm with you--it's a real dilemma, isn't it?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Same as the ladies - I like all the guys that have got through to the Final. And they are all capable of winning it!

But, I voted for Yuzuru Hanyu, as it would just be a great achievement if he did manage to win it against all the more experienced guys. And, let's face it, he could beat them!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: