14 10.53%
  • Christina Gao

1 0.75%
  • Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

11 8.27%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GPF Picks for Gold: Ladies

GPF Picks for Gold: Ladies

Who do you think will take gold at the GPF in the ladies division?

Akiko Suzuki

Rinkside
    If Ashley manages to maintain form, not suddenly gets hit by nerves (I'm not expecting that but who knows), she's the favourite to win.
    Last edited by Christine; 12-05-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention who I'm actually referring to.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    Akiko Suzuki
    I want Akiko to win too! It'll be such a great victory!

I'm hoping for Akiko, but I'm predicting Ashley.

Custom Title
    Is Ashley Wagner running away with this poll because GS is a North American based forum? I mean there are two former world medalists in the competition.

Or is she really that good and this is her breakout year?

Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    Is Ashley Wagner running away with this poll because GS is a North American based forum? I mean there are two former world medalists in the competition.

Wagner received higher scores than anyone else in the GP qualifying competitions, including the world medalists. Asada has looked very shaky jump-wise, and while Suzuki's looking pretty good she seems to be continuing her habit of making a major mistake in the short program. Ashley's also got great programs this year and seems very focused and determined.

I'm not sure why you think the origin of the forum matters; there are lots of posters here outside of North America (have you seen the location poll?), and even those of use who are in NA are quite familiar with and appreciative of skaters all over the world.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post

I voted for Wagner b/c she is the most consistent out of the bunch so far. Personally I dislike the style of her skating, seems very attack attack attack to me, but I don't deny that she is getting the job done and respect that. For me, she is definitely the safe bet to make - if i had money on this . Asada's been having problems with her FS, fully rotating only 3 triples in the last two competitions - she won't be able to match/best Wagner's 127s with that.
    Last edited by FTnoona; 12-06-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Agreed with everyone's reasoning - it's why I chose Wagner. She pulled down a 127 while coming down with a head cold in France (not the US where everyone suggests she would get higher scores because it's at home). Suzuki has struggled with doing a clean SP this year, Asada has had issues with rotating jumps (and is less likely to get borderline calls in Sochi than in Sendai), Tuktamysheva still has somewhat low PCS, Gao put out the SOHL and finished second to Wagner at SKAM, and Korpii isn't going to get a 61 in the SP if she does 3T+2T here like she did at CoR.

I think Ashley because Mao hasn't been skating clean and the judges haven't been doing Akiko any favours.

Ashley Wagner has that confidence. 2 years ago, who woulda thunk it?

I voted for Ashley Wagner as well - by the feel I've got after the competitions, it looks the most likely to me. She isn't my favourite lady, though - however, I do like her, and wouldn't mind her winning, if she does so in style.

my pick is ashley, i think if she skates two clean programs she's got the title hands down. that girl has been rockin this year, and scoring a 127 at TEB when she was sick is such an accomplishment and says a lot about what her potential can be. mao also has potential, but we're not seeing the consistency she had, ala NHK. akiko has a shot if others falter. i think the top 3 will be wagner, asada, and suzuki but 2 and 3 could easily switch. i also hope christina skates well, this may be a once in a lifetime opportunity for her and i hope she uses it to her advantage. i'm wishing kiira to feel better and put out some good skates.

Custom Title
    It's Ashley's to lose; this girl has got it in the bag. Watch out worlds and olympics the USA has their lady! US domination or strong placings by their lady's is about to return with Ashley and who knows maybe a strong second lady in Mirai or Alyssa or Christine or Caroline and Ms. Gold

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    My thinking is Ashley will win here, but that will be her reward for the season and Worlds will go to Asada or Kostner or someone else. Total cynical politicking view of things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast