• Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Votes: 10 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who do you think will take gold at the GPF in the ladies division?

Christine

Spectator
If Ashley manages to maintain form, not suddenly gets hit by nerves (I'm not expecting that but who knows), she's the favourite to win.

Last edited:

bibi24

Final Flight
Is Ashley Wagner running away with this poll because GS is a North American based forum? I mean there are two former world medalists in the competition.

Or is she really that good and this is her breakout year?

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Is Ashley Wagner running away with this poll because GS is a North American based forum? I mean there are two former world medalists in the competition.

Wagner received higher scores than anyone else in the GP qualifying competitions, including the world medalists. Asada has looked very shaky jump-wise, and while Suzuki's looking pretty good she seems to be continuing her habit of making a major mistake in the short program. Ashley's also got great programs this year and seems very focused and determined.

I'm not sure why you think the origin of the forum matters; there are lots of posters here outside of North America (have you seen the location poll?), and even those of use who are in NA are quite familiar with and appreciative of skaters all over the world.

FTnoona

Final Flight

I voted for Wagner b/c she is the most consistent out of the bunch so far. Personally I dislike the style of her skating, seems very attack attack attack to me, but I don't deny that she is getting the job done and respect that. For me, she is definitely the safe bet to make - if i had money on this ;). Asada's been having problems with her FS, fully rotating only 3 triples in the last two competitions - she won't be able to match/best Wagner's 127s with that.

Last edited:

mskater93

Record Breaker
Agreed with everyone's reasoning - it's why I chose Wagner. She pulled down a 127 while coming down with a head cold in France (not the US where everyone suggests she would get higher scores because it's at home). Suzuki has struggled with doing a clean SP this year, Asada has had issues with rotating jumps (and is less likely to get borderline calls in Sochi than in Sendai), Tuktamysheva still has somewhat low PCS, Gao put out the SOHL and finished second to Wagner at SKAM, and Korpii isn't going to get a 61 in the SP if she does 3T+2T here like she did at CoR.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think Ashley because Mao hasn't been skating clean and the judges haven't been doing Akiko any favours.

LRK

Record Breaker
I voted for Ashley Wagner as well - by the feel I've got after the competitions, it looks the most likely to me. She isn't my favourite lady, though - however, I do like her, and wouldn't mind her winning, if she does so in style.

macy

Record Breaker
my pick is ashley, i think if she skates two clean programs she's got the title hands down. that girl has been rockin this year, and scoring a 127 at TEB when she was sick is such an accomplishment and says a lot about what her potential can be. mao also has potential, but we're not seeing the consistency she had, ala NHK. akiko has a shot if others falter. i think the top 3 will be wagner, asada, and suzuki but 2 and 3 could easily switch. i also hope christina skates well, this may be a once in a lifetime opportunity for her and i hope she uses it to her advantage. i'm wishing kiira to feel better and put out some good skates.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It's Ashley's to lose; this girl has got it in the bag. Watch out worlds and olympics the USA has their lady! US domination or strong placings by their lady's is about to return with Ashley and who knows maybe a strong second lady in Mirai or Alyssa or Christine or Caroline and Ms. Gold

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
My thinking is Ashley will win here, but that will be her reward for the season and Worlds will go to Asada or Kostner or someone else. Total cynical politicking view of things.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Few world champs in history have had such a terrible and awful gp season as asada with jumps but her wins speak for themselves and she has to be the favorite for gold.

bibi24

Final Flight
US domination or strong placings by their lady's is about to return with Ashley and who knows maybe a strong second lady in Mirai or Alyssa or Christine or Caroline and Ms. Gold

Didn't know the tide has shifted from strong Asian skaters and Kostner back to US domination..... I understand the hype for Ashley's strong season, but besides her and Mirai, the others have yet to prove anything on the world/olympic scene....

diane044

Rinkside
I'm hoping for Akiko, but I'm predicting Ashley.

I'm with you , but in the back of my mind is also a hope that if Mao can pull herself together, she could win because she has such beautiful music and choreography.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
To be fair, I would be happy whoever won, because I like all the girls that have got through to the final! ;) :D

Based on what I have seen in the GP Series so far, as long as the podium has Mao, Akiko and Ashley on it, I don't really mind what order they finish in.

But I voted for Akiko, as winning the Final would make up for the disappointment of the result at the NHK Trophy....

CaroLiza_fan

ForeverFish

Medalist
To be fair, I would be happy whoever won, because I like all the girls that have got through to the final! ;) :D

Based on what I have seen in the GP Series so far, as long as the podium has Mao, Akiko and Ashley on it, I don't really mind what order they finish in.

But I voted for Akiko, as winning the Final would make up for the disappointment of the result at the NHK Trophy....

CaroLiza_fan

Unless something goes horribly wrong in the FS, it will.