• Cappellini/Lanotte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who do you think will take gold at the GPF in ice dance?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I voted for D/W herem but in my predictions I chose V/M: thta's because I actually think D/W will win this (they always peak earlier in the season and GPF seems not really a lucky competition for V/M!), but I hope Tessa and Scott will do a miracle and show that what I've just written is wrong! :laugh:

Christine

Spectator
It's a toss up really between D/W and V/M. Just like the Judges I feel it is very difficult to choose between them. They're both so incredibly good. But, as FSGMT remarked D/W generally peak early in season so my bet's on them. But who knows what will happen this weekend? Good luck to all of them!

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I voted for V&M, even though D&W have looked a bit stronger this season. Might be wishful thinking; I just really want to see V&M's terrific programs skated lights out this week.

rvi5

On the Ice
I did not vote, since I am not certain whether V/M or D/W will win the GPF. As FSGMT mentioned, typically V/M peak later, while D/W peak earlier. History would seem to favour D/W. However, many people (including several Figure Skating celebrities) think V/M have a very strong FD, if they can iron-out the technical kinks.

D/W debuted their routines at SA in October, then had about 6 weeks until NHK to tweak the routines based on the feedback received from the judges. V/M also debut their routines in October at SC, then had 2 weeks to tweak the routines before skating again at COR. Afterwards, the situation reversed. D/W have had 2 weeks since NHK to further tweak their routines, while V/M have been working on theirs for the past 4 weeks. However V/M may have a disadvantage, since they have not received any recent competition feedback about the tweaks they have been making over the past month. The GPF will be their feedback for Canadians, 4CC, and Worlds.

I am sure Tessa and Scott would like to win the GPF, since it is the one competition they have never won. However I suspect if they had to choose between GPF and Worlds, they would likely prefer to win Worlds because it is in their home town/country. If Tessa and Scott are planning to retire after Sochi, Worlds in London may be their last chance to experience some of what they felt after winning Gold in Vancouver.

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think it'll be D/W because they usually beat V/M at the GP Final, but it could very well be V/M. I think V/M's short dance is not as good as D/W's though.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I want D/W to win this and everything this year so that NEXT year will be even MORE nail-bitingly exciting.

LO!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I would love to see I and K and W and p take over from D and W and V and M. In fact I would be thrilled if Davis and White retired now and did show skating/ They are wonderful Disney characters; their look is perfect but that is sadly wishful thinking. I think they want OGM like P and T though with a much better chance.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I would love to see I and K and W and p take over from D and W and V and M. In fact I would be thrilled if Davis and White retired now and did show skating/ They are wonderful Disney characters; their look is perfect but that is sadly wishful thinking. I think they want OGM like P and T though with a much better chance.

what shows? Disney does not use top name skaters, SOI does 5-10 shows a year... what shows?!

gmyers

Record Breaker
You know shows like the skating and gymnastics spectacular or whatever disson does. Yeah if they want to make a good living as skaters they need to compete until 2018

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, I have to confess that I voted for who I would like to win, rather than who I think will win.

I think Scott and Tessa will win it.

But, I voted for Nathalie and Fabian. Even if they are an outside bet, you can NEVER discount them. So I was absolutely amazed that nobody had voted for them until I came along.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: