Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Kim to compete at NRW Trophy for points

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    If Yu-na waltzes onto the ice after a two-year break and hits a triple Lutz /triple toe I for one will
    Count me in on that! Oh, the nerves!

Custom Title
    If Yu-na waltzes onto the ice after a two-year break and hits a triple Lutz /triple toe I for one will
    Haha, I just love your expressions (jaw, bow, and partying) So funny lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    At this point I'm just happy to see she might be back on the ice competing. Not too concerned about what jumps she's throwing at the moment because she still has training time. It's more important, I think, to get her competitive legs under her again. I wish her luck. She's beautiful to watch on the ice.
    I agree. It is not im portant which jumps she does at this point. I am just happy that she is back and I hope she is injury-free so that she can skate her best.

The most important thing for her now would be to get used to competing again. I expect her to be rusty after 20 months of not competing. She looked quite rusty at the World Figure Skating Championships in 2011 when she competed after a year of break, even when she said that she was 100% physically. This time the interval has been longer. Also, she said in an interview yesterday that she is only about 80-90% physically this time, so I think she might be even rustier this time. She still has much time to prepare before more important competition,s so I think she just needs to focus on getting back her "competitive legs" for now.

She might not score as high as she used to before (probably about high 170s or low 180s or so), but then by March or April next year, her score will probably go up to high 180s or 190s (or even 200 by next season, I hope). But then, scores are not as important as the actual performance, so I won't worry about it.
    Last edited by bluesky85; 12-05-2012 at 01:44 PM.

"NRW Trophy 2012

Senior Ladies/ Short Program
    Starting Order

31(=Group 6, 1st) Yu-na kim (KOR)"

CANT WAIT!!!
    source

She did.

http://youtu.be/wuZN9NJpPXo

(some fan uploaded the livestream version. You can see her in warmup plus her SP)

She did 3lz/3t, 3f & 2a

omggg I'm dying for that new dress!
    However, I feel like person who uploaded swapped the music or something because I couldn't hear people cheering after her jumps, and when she was warming up, there were definitely cheers....... butttt at least I saw her jumps!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    She did.

So, do you think she'll get her qualifying score?

Custom Title
    Oh, my. She's back!! That 3Ltz/3toe--amazing!

I think the pressure on Mao, Ashley & Akiko just went up about 20 notches.

LOL

BTW - Yuna received Level 3 on all her spins & step, but still managed to get 72.27. Once she starts working on her spins & step, this SP is going to be impossible to beat.

Protocol for those of you interested in such matters http://www.lev-nrw.org/lev2008/docs/..._SP_Scores.pdf

I just have to laugh and chuckle after all this talk of Yuna watering down her content and playing it safe. Since when has she ever done that? Just because it's trendy for the ladies these days doesn't mean she'll go that route...

She definitely didn't need that jump layout to get the minimum qualifying points.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    omggg I'm dying for that new dress!
    However, I feel like person who uploaded swapped the music or something because I couldn't hear people cheering after her jumps, and when she was warming up, there were definitely cheers....... butttt at least I saw her jumps!
    I know! That dress is truly

ditto on the emoticons and hahahahaha!

Custom Title
    Great program and great scores. Her lowest PCS is Transitions, and I agree with that. She is terrific in every other aspect, but I'd like to see her do more transitions at the beginning of her program.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Great program and great scores. Her lowest PCS is Transitions, and I agree with that. She is terrific in every other aspect, but I'd like to see her do more transitions at the beginning of her program.
    Guess that's her way of "watering down" her content

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    Just watched the youtube vid of Yu-Na's SP and it is nice to see that even after the break, her jumps still look strong and crisp. She had a minor error on her 2A but overall, she did a good job.
    Couldnt help but notice her lack of flexibility in her spins (compared to her previous spins in the past).
    IMO, I think her PCS are way too high but again this is just my opinion...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast