Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Kim to compete at NRW Trophy for points

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Can she do a 2A+3T in place of a 3S+2T or is that against the rules?
    If she does 2A+3T, then she needs to replace one of the other 2A with another triple jump that she hasn't already done. She already has two 3Ts and two 3Ls, which means that she cannot repeat another triple jump. She already has 3F and 3S planned, so she cannot repeat them. That leaves only 3lo, which she doesn't feel comfortable doing in competition due to injury. In order to avoid this, she did 3S+2T at Worlds 2011.

Custom Title
    Can she do a 2A+3T in place of a 3S+2T or is that against the rules?
    She would be repeatin too many triples. Only lutz and salchow so she could not also do a triple toe but also she would be doing 2a 3 times which is also against the rules.

Medalist
    As others have said, she's there to get the minimum TES. That specific goal combined with the fact that she knew all eyes were on her to see whether she still had it after her long absence from competition perfectly explains that SP performance. Frankly, I thought she did a great job all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    She would be repeatin too many triples. Only lutz and salchow so she could not also do a triple toe but also she would be doing 2a 3 times which is also against the rules.
    Oh, I was a little vague. I meant replacing the single 2A with a 2A+3T and having a single 3S instead of one in combination. But that still wouldn't work because she'd be doing 3Lz (2x) and 3S (2x) anyway and the rules state that she can't repeat another jump-- 3T (2x) on top of those, right?
    Last edited by aftertherain; 12-09-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Custom Title
    Oh, I was a little vague. I meant replacing the single 2A with a 2A+3T and having a single 3S instead of one in combination. But that still wouldn't work because she'd be doing 3Lz (2x) and 3S (2x) anyway and the rules state that she can't repeat another jump-- 3T (2x) on top of those, right?
    Yes that is right

Rinkside
    I'm just happy to see her again at competition..

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Yu-Na gets the highest SP score of the season, with only Level 3's on all of her elements. I love it! LMAO! It would be really cool if she actually only went for Level 3's in the future and just focused on doing great positions and tons of speed in the spins, but I know her team is going to force her to cram in the ugly positions to get Level 4's - like that attempted hop in her combination spin, which is NOT cute, and the attempted change-of-edge at the end of the flying camel, which really slows the whole thing down and she also didn't get credit for. Go for the +GOE's here, not the Levels!! It makes the whole program look better!

Actually, though, she could get Level 4's on all of the spins and still have them look better than what is currently choreographed:

Flying Camel features - difficult entrance, upside down position, donut position (Yu-Na did this in the past), and the more upright catch-foot position (which she currently does).

Layback features - sideways position, switch to classic position with clear increase of speed, haircutter position, beillman position

Combination Spin features - open with camel spin on the left foot and do a change of edge (it's easier and cleaner looking, for Yu-Na at least, to do this on her left foot as opposed to changing edge on the right foot in the flying camel), down into pike sit-spin position, change feet and do the corkscrew position (doesn't have to be in a full sit, just whatever she prefers most and would look best), and then up into a cross-foot upright position (instead of the catch-foot upright, please for the love of GOD!), before ending with a quick scratch spin.

Quote Originally Posted by dyu View Post
    I'm just happy to see her again at competition..
    Welcome!

practice video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=AlDakIEUsFM

Yuna's layout:
    3Lz+3T
    3F
    3S
    --------2nd half
    3Lz
    2A+2T+2L
    3S+2T
    2A

She was clean in all her jumps. Her 3Lz+3T was beautifully done.

Hope her stamina holds up.

Custom Title
    To get about two and a half more points she could flip the 2A and 3S combos with 2A+3T and 3S+2T+2L. Maybe at Worlds, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    To get about two and a half more points she could flip the 2A and 3S combos with 2A+3T and 3S+2T+2L. Maybe at Worlds, eh?
    No, she can't repeat 3T as well, since she's already repeating 3Lz and 3S. It's the new rule that you can only do a maximum of 2Axels that forced Yuna to give up her 2A+3T combo.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    No, she can't repeat 3T as well, since she's already repeating 3Lz and 3S. It's the new rule that you can only do a maximum of 2Axels that forced Yuna to give up her 2A+3T combo.
    Ah, I see. Then in order to do this, she would have to turn one of her 3S in to a 3Lo (which would then increase her current base value by about 3.5 points). But I guess that's just a huge problem jump for her, so it's not that great of an idea.
    Last edited by draqq; 12-09-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    Ah, I see. Then in order to do this, she would have to turn one of her 3S in to a 3Lo (which would then increase her current base value by about 3.5 points). But I guess that's just a huge problem jump for her, so it's not the great of any idea.
    It is & the story is that it aggravates her old injury.

Yuna scored over 200 points at NRW Trophy. She made some mistakes in her free program but it was beautifully performed, I feel.

The mistakes were towards the second half, suggesting she still lacks enough stamina to get to the end:

3Lutz+3Toe (clean)
    3Flip (clean)
    3Salchow (clean)
    3Lutz (clean)
    1Axel+1Toe+1Loop (intended to be 2A+2T+2L)
    3Salchow+2Toe (fall on 2T)
    2Axel (clean)

Great jumps and a great performance, though! I love this program and the choreography.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast