Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 135

Thread: Kim to compete at NRW Trophy for points

  1. #91
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    31
    I wish she would compete at 4CC and some B-events... Or at least at Korean Nationals. FS needs to get more mileage. Her main goal at Worlds is to get a spot at The Olys, but strategically it may be better to go to Olys as a World Champion.

  2. #92
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by adamanna View Post
    I wish she would compete at 4CC and some B-events... Or at least at Korean Nationals. FS needs to get more mileage. Her main goal at Worlds is to get a spot at The Olys, but strategically it may be better to go to Olys as a World Champion.
    She is going to compete at Korean Nats this year. She already made that clear. I don't believe she plans to go to 4CC tho. :sigh: I hate the Pyoengchang Oly committee...since they're making her do something when 4CC is happening.

  3. #93
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,298
    If Yuna is serious about skating again she needs to compete at more then just a couple events a year. Even as great as she is when she was at Worlds 2011 she was rusty and it showed. Just one or two competitions beforehand and she would have been in much better competitive shape. I would love to see her at 4CC.

  4. #94

  5. #95
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    She is going to compete at Korean Nats this year. She already made that clear. I don't believe she plans to go to 4CC tho. :sigh: I hate the Pyoengchang Oly committee...since they're making her do something when 4CC is happening.
    AFAIK, it is not related to PC olympic but to Special Olympics. She's the ambassador for this event and Michelle, who is among the boards of Special Olympcs committee, once mentioned that she and Yuna might do galas together there.

  6. #96
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    AFAIK, it is not related to PC olympic but to Special Olympics. She's the ambassador for this event and Michelle, who is among the boards of Special Olympcs committee, once mentioned that she and Yuna might do galas together there.
    Ah OK. Thanks for clarification. Has this been confirmed (the gala I mean)?

  7. #97
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Ah OK. Thanks for clarification. Has this been confirmed (the gala I mean)?
    I don't think so, but definitely hoping for it!

  8. #98
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    She is going to compete at Korean Nats this year. She already made that clear. I don't believe she plans to go to 4CC tho. :sigh: I hate the Pyoengchang Oly committee...since they're making her do something when 4CC is happening.
    hmmm, I think she's not a slave of the committee. She is a strong person. She simply has other priorities I guess... Anyway, it's great she's going to be at Nats.
    I think next year she should have a full season with Gran Prix circuit. And she has to win at least one of these two events - Worlds 2013 or Gran Prix final 2013 to ease her Olympic road

  9. #99
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by adamanna View Post
    hmmm, I think she's not a slave of the committee. She is a strong person. She simply has other priorities I guess... Anyway, it's great she's going to be at Nats.
    I think next year she should have a full season with Gran Prix circuit. And she has to win at least one of these two events - Worlds 2013 or Gran Prix final 2013 to ease her Olympic road
    I do believe she's going to do a full season next year. I can't imagine her not doing that, not for the Oly year.

  10. #100
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    31
    I LOOOOVE her new dresses
    I'm not very much thrilled with choreography of the new FS, but it's fine for this season. Olympic programs will be more gorgeous I believe. FS music is a much better choice, compared to SP music.
    I can't wait to see her at Worlds!

  11. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    147
    Both her short and long programs are extremely boring. The choreography is also extremely simplistic, jump, spin, jump, spirals, etc.

  12. #102
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,615
    I love the dresses too! Very exciting to see her back and with this level of technical. I look forward to worlds!

  13. #103
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,535
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukifan27 View Post
    Both her short and long programs are extremely boring. The choreography is also extremely simplistic, jump, spin, jump, spirals, etc.
    "Boring" is a matter of opinion so I'll grant you that, but the free program's choreography is certainly not "simplistic". Considering the arrangement of the elements, the transitions, the steps, the choreographic sequences, etc, it is very much jam-packed and complex.

  14. #104
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukifan27 View Post
    Both her short and long programs are extremely boring. The choreography is also extremely simplistic, jump, spin, jump, spirals, etc.
    "Simplistic," seriously?

  15. #105
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    74
    Wow, It was breathtaking despite some mistakes. Loved it! Her LP reminds me of Patrick's La Boheme!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •