Kim to compete at NRW Trophy for points | Golden Skate

Kim to compete at NRW Trophy for points

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The reigning Olympic champion, 22, will take part in the NRW Trophy in Dortmund, chasing the points she needs to qualify for next year's world championships in Canada, her agency, All That Sports, said.

More

This is a good thing, right?

I'm looking forward to seeing her under any circumstances whatsoever. Points, no points...even skating without music would be fine with me. Go for it, YuNa!

This is a good thing, right?

I'm looking forward to seeing her under any circumstances whatsoever. Points, no points...even skating without music would be fine with me. Go for it, YuNa!

Totally!

Happy wishes to Yuna :)

MiRé

Match Penalty
According to the Korean Media, she'll be executing jumps as same as she did at the Olympics.(no triple axel)
It also said the program won't be watered down like many of skaters in the competition today!

News

can't wait to see her on the ice :laugh:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
According to the Korean Media, she'll be executing jumps as same as she did at the Olympics.(no triple axel)
It also said the program won't be watered down like many of skaters in the competition today!

News

This is SO good!:agree: So, 3Lz+3T in both SP and FS? She will be (I think) the oldest this season to land it! :laugh:

Macassar88

Medalist
Has she ever done triple axel? And if she is anywhere near as good as she was in Vancouver she should be the favorite for the world title.

jaylee

Medalist

News

Sorry, the source isn't credible because it's not Yu-Na or her agency speaking on her behalf. What you posted is also misleading. Yu-Na won't be doing the exact same jumps as she did at the Olympics because the rules won't allow her to. Yu-Na hasn't said anything about what her jumps will be.

However, Yu-Na already landed triple lutzes, salchows, and toeloops in her summer show (she has never included flips in exhibitions, so not a big deal there), so you can logically conclude that she'll be attempting likely 3 lutzes across the SP and the FS. Her layout, if she goes for the 3/3, will probably be the same as 2011 Worlds, and yes, that's pretty challenging, but again, this isn't confirmed.

If Yu-na waltzes onto the ice after a two-year break and hits a triple Lutz /triple toe I for one will :jaw: :bow: :party2:

MiRé

Match Penalty
Sorry, the source isn't credible because it's not Yu-Na or her agency speaking on her behalf. What you posted is also misleading. Yu-Na won't be doing the exact same jumps as she did at the Olympics because the rules won't allow her to. Yu-Na hasn't said anything about what her jumps will be.

However, Yu-Na already landed triple lutzes, salchows, and toeloops in her summer show (she has never included flips in exhibitions, so not a big deal there), so you can logically conclude that she'll be attempting likely 3 lutzes across the SP and the FS. Her layout, if she goes for the 3/3, will probably be the same as 2011 Worlds, and yes, that's pretty challenging, but again, this isn't confirmed.

Ahh i see your point, i was just so excited to hear her coming back and when i saw this article i thought it was credible. I thought the guy/girl who commented were her coaches but when i read it again, it seems more like skating committee who said it. But either way, i hope she delivers what she accomplished in the olympics or the worlds

noskates

Record Breaker
At this point I'm just happy to see she might be back on the ice competing. Not too concerned about what jumps she's throwing at the moment because she still has training time. It's more important, I think, to get her competitive legs under her again. I wish her luck. She's beautiful to watch on the ice.

Has she ever done triple axel? And if she is anywhere near as good as she was in Vancouver she should be the favorite for the world title.

As I recall, she abandoned the attempt to perfect a triple axel because it was the jump that most hurt her back. There was certainly no need for her to have one, considering her arsenal of huge jumps and combinations. All of which I hope she still has so that we can enjoy watching them!

MiRé

Match Penalty

Like Olympia said, it hurt her back very much. However, she did try to attempt it since Mao had triple axel.
Here's a video of Kim attempting triple axel, the second jump (around ~11 sec)
video

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
At this point I'm just happy to see she might be back on the ice competing. Not too concerned about what jumps she's throwing at the moment because she still has training time. It's more important, I think, to get her competitive legs under her again. I wish her luck. She's beautiful to watch on the ice.
Ditto plus one. I love the fact that the event sold out in six hours.....seeing her live at SA Lake Placid was a real high for me....there were lots of great skaters at that event.....

bluesky85

On the Ice

I agree. It is not im portant which jumps she does at this point. I am just happy that she is back and I hope she is injury-free so that she can skate her best.

The most important thing for her now would be to get used to competing again. I expect her to be rusty after 20 months of not competing. She looked quite rusty at the World Figure Skating Championships in 2011 when she competed after a year of break, even when she said that she was 100% physically. This time the interval has been longer. Also, she said in an interview yesterday that she is only about 80-90% physically this time, so I think she might be even rustier this time. She still has much time to prepare before more important competition,s so I think she just needs to focus on getting back her "competitive legs" for now.

She might not score as high as she used to before (probably about high 170s or low 180s or so), but then by March or April next year, her score will probably go up to high 180s or 190s (or even 200 by next season, I hope). But then, scores are not as important as the actual performance, so I won't worry about it.

Last edited:

MiRé

Match Penalty
"NRW Trophy 2012

Senior Ladies/ Short Program
Starting Order

31(=Group 6, 1st) Yu-na kim (KOR)"

CANT WAIT!!!
source