2012 2013 JGPF Men's Short program Junior Grand Prix Final SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 2013 JGPF Men's Short program Junior Grand Prix Final SP

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Some disharmony between Jason's music and his outfit/hairstyle. Shaky landings, singled the last jump, but PCS will be high enough.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jason BROWN (USA)

Music: The Question of U by Prince

3A - ok, put foot down early
3Lz+3T
FCSp
CSSp
2F - 'tano, stepout
StSq
CCoSp

Good presentation, steps and spins - shame about the flip

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Jason Brown

A bit shaky on the 3A, but it looked fully rotated! 3Lz+3T loos solid, hopefully no edge deduction. Tried to do a tano 3F, but only doubled out. I'm surprised he didn't just do a different jump. You can tell he's a great dancer and he's got great edgework to boot. That 2F pop is going to cost him though. I'm thinking about a 66. (Good, it's a 69!)

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Aw, Jason. :disapp:

He is just head and shoulders above the others so far, presentation-wise. I noticed the difference within three seconds. Love this guy. Too bad he missed the flip.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Jason Brown

A bit shaky on the 3A, but it looked fully rotated! 3Lz+3T loos solid, hopefully no edge deduction. Tried to do a tano 3F, but only doubled out. I'm surprised he didn't just do a different jump. You can tell he's a great dancer and he's got great edgework to boot. That 2F pop is going to cost him though. I'm thinking about a 66. (Good, it's a 69!)

He can't do a different jump because this year juniors are required to do 3F as the solo (it alternates between Lo, F, and Lz every year and you can do double or triple)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Maxim KOVTUN (RUS)

Music: Lawrence of Arabia (soundtrack) by Maurice Jarre

3Lz+3T
3A - nice
CSSp
FCSp
3F - e, turnout
StSq
CCoSp

Mistake on flip, otherwise solid program

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Finally. Some shadow of classic male presentation we got lucky to observe here. I wonder if they put him 1st.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Maxim Kovtun

Must be a lot of pressure skating there for him. A little scratchy on 3Lz+3T, but the 3Lz was quite high. Strong 3A with a good flow out. He gets good height on all his aerials. Not sure if it was good edge going into 3F, also shaky. Some of the transitions aren't that great. Some of the footwork is much too rushed and undefined. My bet is a 72.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Tarasova said in K&C that they will od their best. The audience were shouting "Molodets!", kind of high praise in Russian for good work.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Farris must have taken master class from Abbott on how to wave arms high in the air with ice-princess's music.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Joshua FARRIS (USA)

Music: Suite for Solo Cello No 1 in G Major: Prelude by Yo-Yo Ma

3A - twofoot, stepout
3Lz+3T
FCSp
3F
CSSp
CCoSp
StSq

Mistake on 3A, but otherwise strong

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Joshua Farris

A bit too tight on the 3A and a step-out. Very solid 3Lz+3T. Equally good 3F with great exit. His spin positions are very refined. He will likely get a 74 with the mistake on the axel. It's a good balletic contrast to Maxim's performance.