Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2012 2013 JGPF Pairs Short Program Junior Grand Prix Final SP

Custom Title
    Yu/Jin were a bit robbed IMO. They have very solid elements and a nice style. Not the most exciting but I would have had them second honestly, narrowly ahead of P/M with the 2a mistake.

Custom Title
    ^^ Meh, the Chinese team has talent but they don't stand out much in this field, at least to me. The scoring is not all about technical mistakes, obviously. I haven't seen the protocols, but I would guess that P/M have good PCS, as well as positive GOE on most of their elements. IMO, as a team, P/M have much more personality and connection than all of the other teams combined.

Custom Title
    wow, what a competition! I seldom watch juniors, but I like them all today! The two tiny Russian babies are just so adorable! I just forget how much height difference they have ( usually it bothers me when I see too much height difference, with B/S an exception). The No. 1 Russian team had such a nice program and they delivered, very deserved first. The Chinese team got the Second highest TES and the second lowest PCS. I think it's a bit low, but should serve as a wake up call for them, build more connection should help. The second place finisher, the Canadian pair have such mature style and it is hard to believe it is junior competition. They are lovely to watch and I really admire the male partner's strength.
    Good luck everybody for the LP!

A second look at the marks, the first Canadian team got the highest PCS, and the second lowest TES. I'm fine with them being the highest in PCS. What bothers me is that the second Canadian team got the third highest PCS, to me they were kind of messy, and mismatched in style. That performance by no means should be No.3 in PCS. The Chinese team did not have the flair but had much better performance/execution.
    Last edited by Ilvskating; 12-06-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Custom Title
    I liked the way the Canadians skated, both pairs, mature, lyrical, had connection...BUT this lack of difference in height messed it all...it was clear how HARD it was for the boys to lift or throw, or hold the girls....that ruins the impression a lot...the same thing with DD. The girls in pairs skating should fly!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gioccia View Post
    I liked the way the Canadians skated, both pairs, mature, lyrical, had connection...BUT this lack of difference in height messed it all...it was clear how HARD it was for the boys to lift or throw, or hold the girls....that ruins the impression a lot...the same thing with DD. The girls in pairs skating should fly!
    exactly not much height difference will affect the throws and twists
    look at Fedorova who is very short, she flies on the throws and the twits are huge

Custom Title
    I know it`s difficult if the height difference is too small and it does not look good. I don't like pair with similar height either, often feel heavy and clumsy in some way. I didn`t make myself clear, I like pairs with perfect height difference, such as P/T, V/T, S/Z. S/S are fine. S girl is like B in B/S, although actually short, but looks tall because of her built and the way she carries herself.

Custom Title
    Yu/Jin had good technical elements, but their program couldn't be more forgettable if they tried. They leave you with absolutely no artistic impression and IMO that's one of the reasons their scores haven't progressed at all.

Both Canadian pairs teams are too close in height for my own personal tastes. Brittany Jones' posture has improved, but it's still quite bad. She and Beharry don't have a lot of connection and I agree with whoever said they were sloppy. I wish he'd stayed with Katherine Bobak; I thought they made a better team. Purdy/Marinaro, however, are much more graceful and have nice style. They are the only ones that look really mature, which makes sense since they've been together and on the JGP for so long now. Their twist and throws are really small, though.

Davankova/Deputat are clearly having some issues with her growth spurt, though I think this is one of their better skates this year. She's still very graceful. I hate that lift, though - she has lovely long limbs and they could be used so much better.

I don't like Vigalova and Zakorev's music and they seem like a dad skating with his little daughter, but she has tons of spark. They have a lot of potential.

Fedorova/Miroshkin are by far my favorites, though. They're just so charming! The entrance and execution of the twist is very impressive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2