Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How long have you been skating?

lilicedancer

Re: Skatin' time

I've been skating for 10 years, dancing for 5. I have my novice moves and one of my pre-gold dances.

rachelstarlet

Re: Skatin' time

I think I waited long enough to post in here that I won't be embarassed - I've been taking Basic Skills classes for four weeks, and have a few paltry little skills in my reperetoire, but I'm having a lot of fun and hope to take lessons/skate on a regular basis from now on. I skated recreationally a lot when I was younger (I just graduated HS), stopped for about five years, and then went back again this winter and fell in love! (With the ice, that is)

Glacierskater

Re: How long have you been skating?

I messed around on the ice growing up,. but no private lessons. I started skating seriously about 3 years ago. I took a year off during that time, but have been back on the ice for about 6 months. I am only complete when I have skating in my life.

SkateDustin

"uh yeah you can, my rink a couple of months ago just had testing for pre-pre-senior freeskate, not moves .The moves were later which I have taken and passed, so I am a Junior in freeskate and a Junior in moves, don't try to prove me wrong, it will be a huge waste of your time. "

Uh, no you can't take Novice freestyle before passing Novice moves. The USFSA rule book clearly states that a moves test for a certain level must be taken and passed prior to the freestyle test. You don't make it very hard to prove you wrong, and it wasn't really a waste of my time to do so.

BTW, what is pre-pre-Senior freeskate? As far as I have seen in my 7 years of skating, thats not a level.

Lanternlight

:lol: thanks Dustin

If you are going to lie, at least bother to look up the facts before you invent a life for yourself.

Seriously though, we are all individuals with different talents. Why pretend to be something we're not?

mwkrules

i am 12 and have been skating for 5years and now am at british novice standard and am doing the british in april!!!!!

Figureskates

I am a 57 year old male who has been skating for about 5 years after a 30 year hiatus and a rebuilt left knee. Have passed my pre-pre moves and hope to pre-pre free in September. Working on my Salchow, and toeloop. Waltz jump is my best and hopefully can get comfortable with the others as well.

Now my spins, that is a whole different kettle of fish!!

melimeli29

I've been skating about a year and 3/4. I'm in ISI freestyle 3. I'll be testing soon, so hopefully i'll pass to 4.

On the Ice
    i've been skating a year and a half. i'm in isi freestyle 4

Always Dream
    i have been skating for 3 years and I am in FS 3/4. I am testing 4 this month.

On the Ice
    I've been skating for... 4ish years but got a serious coach just a year ago and he sucked lol. I have a new coach and shes amazing. I'm in FS 3 but i cant get that foward/backward/foward spin its evil!

Custom Title
    Hmm... I started taking private lessons when I was about 7, took them for a couple of months but gave it up. I started skating casually again around November 2001, but took it seriously about March 2002 when I joined a synchro team and took more private lessons. Now I'm 17 and wishing I had kept up skating from 7 years old :(

Custom Title

Re: Re: How long have you been skating?

Originally posted by SkateDustin

Uh, no you can't take Novice freestyle before passing Novice moves. The USFSA rule book clearly states that a moves test for a certain level must be taken and passed prior to the freestyle test. You don't make it very hard to prove you wrong, and it wasn't really a waste of my time to do so.

BTW, what is pre-pre-Senior freeskate? As far as I have seen in my 7 years of skating, thats not a level.
    Go Dustin !
    Oh and I believe that she/he was saying Pre-preliminary through Senior, when he/she said 'pre-pre-Senior', not as an actual level.

Rinkside
    I started skating seriously in March, teaching myself beginning stuff. In May, I started taking group lessons, and am currently working on USFSA Basic 6.

Tripping on the Podium
    I have been skating for 10 1/2 months and I am testing basic 7 this week. I have learned the waltz jump, salchow, and loop on good days. I can also do a scratch spin and almost all of my pre-preliminary moves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2