2012 Grand Prix Final Short Dance (SD) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 Grand Prix Final Short Dance (SD)

I can't imagine how much less understanding of the skating world I'd have if I'd never found GoldenSkate.

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
I've never heard of that jourrnalist before, so I decided to read some more off her articles.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/figureskating/article/1298104--figure-skating-pairs-need-to-ditch-the-hand-holding-dimanno

This one is a real gem. She questions why pairs and dance teams hold hands! But the real kicker, and the part that seems to show her general lack of figure skating knowledge, is when she says that the objective of the 2013 Canadian Nationals is to qualify 3 teams to the 2013 worlds!

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Thanks for the article extract, Doris. I love that Charlie was at such a high level in both sports, and also that his partnership with Meryl is so enduring. I can't even keep track of pairs skaters in this country anymore.

I think that if I were Canadian, I'd still have the same trouble choosing between D/W and V/M. I have decided just to be greedy and love both. I demand a tie in every major competition from now through Sochi!

I am and I do have difficulty choosing! I just root for them both and enjoy the ride.
I get the Toronto Star daily and I never believe anything Rosie says about skating. I dislike ambush journalism and I've seen her do this garbage for years. It's a shame they don't put Robyn Doolittle on the job more. She's one of theirs, has a skating background and wrote an absolutely delightful account of doing death spirals with David Pelletier. Rosie wrote an extremely powerful piece on bullying months ago and it seems to be a place where her venom fits perfectly. Let her keep reporting on murder trials and women in Afghanistan. She didn't even acknowledge the passing of Barbara Ann Scott! If she loves skating so much, at least pay tribute to our only female Olympic gold medalist! So my advice is to not let her get to you. The real experts are here!

missysays

On the Ice
This is a bit after the fact but I love Nathalie Pechalat's costuming selections-always! They are always so chic and beautifully constructed with interesting little touches. This year's can-can dress is another gorgeous example. This photo shows how detailed the execution is with the circular patterning under the skirt as well as the lace detail in the undergarment.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...t-of-france-skate-in-ice-news-photo/155223727

She wins the gold medal in costuming for me!:)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
This is a bit after the fact but I love Nathalie Pechalat's costuming selections-always! They are always so chic and beautifully constructed with interesting little touches. This year's can-can dress is another gorgeous example. This photo shows how detailed the execution is with the circular patterning under the skirt as well as the lace detail in the undergarment.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...t-of-france-skate-in-ice-news-photo/155223727

She wins the gold medal in costuming for me!:)
I love P/B's costumes. There are a lot of ice dancers who just wear pretty dresses, but with Nathalie (and Fabian) you can see that they're looking to express the concept of their programs through the costumes styling. I really liked what they did with Circus, for instance- I thought her dress was adorable, Circusy without being clownish - and can't imagine anyone else wearing that. I was also a fan of their OD costumes that season. And who else would show up wrapped up like a mummy with the guy wearing a skirt and eyeliner? (yes, I know it's not a skirt exactly. The point stands.)

However... I can't just give Nathalie the medal for her fantastic costumes, though she wears them well; much credit must go to Marlène Weber, who has been designing P/B's costumes for years.

Last edited: