2012 Grand Prix Final Short Dance (SD) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 Grand Prix Final Short Dance (SD)

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks for the links to streams - but mine keep freezing, so I'm (sadly) going to wait for videos. Hope you all have better streams and enjoy!

Low score for Pechalat Bourzat, beaten by C/L on TES when she doesn't know how to skate but on flat edges with bad technic... Unbelievable.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Feed wasn't great for me to tell, but I saw a minor bobble from Scott on the second set of twizzles. Otherwise seemed solid.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Gorgeous skate from Tessa and Scott! For the first time this season they looked 100% secure on the elements and they focused on interpreting the program. And for the first time I liked the program

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Just switched to the stopstream.tv one; it's working okay for me so far. A bit choppy, but no complete freezing.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
71.27 from V/M

Lost the feed halfway through D/W's performance, but they were skating well (I love the hops in the Non-Touch-Circ-Steps)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
73.20, 2 points more than V/M and beat them on PCS. I don't know what to say, I think it should be closer

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Couldn't say it should be closer, but D/W do a great polka and it's the highlight of this dance (the separation is bigger in the TES than the PCS here as well).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1213/gpf1213_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

V/M actually got better levels on polkas (3/4 vs 3/3 for D/W). But D/W got two level 4s on their other elmements while V/M got one, so BV is tied along with P/B. D/W out +GOE everyone: 6.65 (D/W) 5.51 (V/M) 5.08 (P/B). D/W got the only single 10 of the night (in choreography) -- beating V/M in PCS by .79. But the margin was bigger in TES (1.09).

B/S also had the same BV as the top three, but got lower +GOE (.93) and PCS (1.54) than P/B

C/L actually scored the highest BV at 30.50 and their TES was actually better than P/B. +GOE was (3.43) Also got the lowest PCS of the group.

I/K had the lowest BV (27.00) and +GOE (3.43, tied for the bottom with C/L).

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Protocols

D/W: level fours on lift and twizzles, level threes on footwork. One 10. Loads of 2s and 3s.
V/M: Level three on the twizzles, one YP and the steps. Level fours on the other YP and lift. No 10s. Mostly twos, with some ones and threes.

That's where the difference came in. Equal difficulty, but D/W had higher GOEs on every element.

P/B: Levels on par with the top two in total BV, actually, but GOEs weren't as high. Accurate (though I thought the circ step might've been dropped to a level two.).

B/S: Ditto levels. Ditto GOes.

C/L: Destroyed the field on levels with only one level three (circ steps_- rest was four.

I/K: Circ steps level two, YP's level three, level fours on lift and twizzles.

carriecmu0503

On the Ice
Another fantastic skate from D/W.

It was fantastic on the surface, and I love their energy, but if they want to give themselves the best chance of winning Worlds, they absolutely MUST up the level on the Yankee Polka patterns from level 3 to level 4. They consistently don't get level 4 on the pattern sequences- something for them to strive for!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It was fantastic on the surface, and I love their energy, but if they want to give themselves the best chance of winning Worlds, they absolutely MUST up the level on the Yankee Polka patterns from level 3 to level 4. They consistently don't get level 4 on the pattern sequences- something for them to strive for!

Agreed. It does come down to levels, so yes, I hope they will keep working on those polka sequences.

rosacotton

Final Flight

How do skaters up their elements from a level 3 to a 4? Is it simple practice, or performing the elements in a certain manner?