Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2012 2013 JGPF Men's Long program Junior Grand Prix Final LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    He attempted it at his last JGP; it was DG in the SP and UR in the FS. And Jason did land it in the SP.

The 3A is not an easy jump and sometimes you have to break it down for a while before it clicks. We saw that with Ross Miner with his 3A a few seasons ago. Jason himself said he finally felt at ease (i.e. no UR/two-foots/DG) with the jump last Wednesday, so I'm not surprised that he wasn't absolutely perfect in the attempts.

I think Jason and his team know what they have to do next. I expect improvement at Nationals and JW.

Thanks Mrs. P...I was just coming hear to mention the short. It's good to know he's done it so I'm happy for him.

Custom Title
    From the sound of the icenetwork article, both Jason and Joshua seem very grounded and realistic about their skating and expectations at this point. Jason seems aware that even the junior international scene has become so competitive that he needs to be going for the 3a to have a good shot at medalling, and Josh seems to know that getting the 4t out there is necessary for him to get used to if he wants to have a good run in seasons. They also seem to be taking the results in stride, I like how Josh said the final was just the icing on the cake, and how he was happy that he improved his placement and score from last season despite skating a little worse.

I don't think either of those two are really gunning to make the 2014 Olympic team, I mean, maybe if we get 3 spots and Johnny and Evan don't come back or don't do so convincingly, they'd have an outside shot to make it, mostly Josh because his 3a is solid and he's getting the 4t out there and seems to be good about rotating it at least. But in the grand scheme of things, both guys probably plan to jump to senior internationally next season and then try to make the 2018 Olympics, so there's plenty of time for them to grow and develop. For now they both seem to be in a good place, and the mistakes here should mean they go into Nationals hungry to do better!

Most of the top guys in the US right now, and even internationally with Fernandez and Brezina, were not as strong as most of this junior men's field at the same age, so there's no rush. Plus who knows how important the quad will be in 3 years time. If anything, I feel bad for Kovtun as there is likely going to be a lot of pressure and expectations on him now to "save" Russian men's skating and get rushed to senior events at such a young age. Plus I feel like he'll udergo some body changes in the future, he's built like a waify reed currently and filling out could affect his jumps (perhaps positively, perhaps negatively). Huge talent though, hope it gets nurtured well and the Russian Fed/pressure/expectations don't go to his head and hurt his confidence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post

If anything, I feel bad for Kovtun as there is likely going to be a lot of pressure and expectations on him now to "save" Russian men's skating and get rushed to senior events at such a young age. Plus I feel like he'll udergo some body changes in the future, he's built like a waify reed currently and filling out could affect his jumps (perhaps positively, perhaps negatively). Huge talent though, hope it gets nurtured well and the Russian Fed/pressure/expectations don't go to his head and hurt his confidence.
    some competitions in Junior Nationals will be a test for him, he will compete against Petrov who can challenge him as possible Junior National Champion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALyrRAbzdTQ , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wanc3-fd9do also good in stepsq and nice 3A's

so hopefully pressure wont be too much for him ala Gachinski

Custom Title
    I was talking more about senior competitions. I'll expect he'll go to Euros as there are 3 spots?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3