Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Ladies' Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Oh, common,
    Don't you see that Sotnikova and Tuktamisheva are not as good jumpers anymore than once were? Is one thing to jump at puberty and a totally different ballgame with a matured body.
    Artistically they are not souped yet and technically are not as good as a few years ago. Most likely Lipnitkaya will follow suit.
    Part of the reason they aren't as technically good is that they are trying jumps like lutz's and 3/3's which are hard. When they are older and more mature they will stop doing such things and be much better and have better pcs and all that.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    The first bolded phrase seems so describe precisely what you are doing when you say something like you did in the second bolded phrase?

You seem to not be aware of the fact that when people say a "watered-down program" they could very well be refering to a program where choreophy and transitions that were previously there have be taken out or made easier. Are you new to figure skating?
    Lol, like I said I'm done arguing over this. I would've expected better reading comprehension skills from someone who posted over 1000+ posts on a forum. Go back and read my posts again and maybe, just maybe you might get the hang of it.
    Last edited by calstudent; 12-07-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Custom Title
    Someone stated earlier in this thread that Asada would have to up her technical if she wanted to be competitive with Kim.
    Since Kim's present technical ability is an unknown until the next few days that stance is a little premature imo.

Custom Title
    Maybe Kim will have to lower her technical content. She lost 2011 worlds because of a single flip and her attempted 3/3 that she had to abandon and then do a 3/2. Asada and everyone else shouldn't change a thing! If Yuna wants to do hard jumps she takes more risks for mistakes.

Custom Title
    Loved Akiko's SP. It's so COOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Also, if Kostner and Kim have little to do with this thread, Kwan has even less. Not everything in skating needs to bee linked to Kwan and Kim.
    (Gasp) How dare you! It's a blasphemy!

l'etoile: I hear MK has a new, non-skating job. And I promise to discuss Yu-Na on the NRW thread... actually, I already have!

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Loved Akiko's SP. It's so COOL!
    That's because Akiko is so cool! I wish her federation would do more to promote her... for her to have gotten only the 4th-highest PCS is ridiculous.

Custom Title
    Thought Akiko and Elizaveta were both undermarked. I would love for Akiko to win, if she can perform as well as NKH, she should have a good shot.

Akiko's PCS scores were ridiculous.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Liza, Julia and Adelina totally dominated juniors and have been landing on senior podiums from their very first day, while two of them are now having growing up issues. How can someone say that they didn't live to their hype while only 14-16 and still growing, is beyond me. I mean how many girls went from juniors to skate among the best seniors the last few years after Mao and Yuna? Julia qualified on her first season and Liza made the gpf for the second time, I suppose many ladies would want that spot. And I don't remember any of the girls today except for Mao rocking the podiums when they were 16 years old. I m glad that the Ashley of 2009 I had seen live and Ashley 2012 are totally different skaters, I m not writing off Russian girls at this age.i think they ve managed more than well.

Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    That never stopped some people! But good for you for sticking with what you know!
    LOL. I prefer not to comment on things I don't know very well. That's why I rarely discuss spins (b/c I don't know all the spin rules) or ice dance. Frankly I find ice dance a bit dull.

Quote Originally Posted by calstudent View Post
    Do let me know if you come across their SD to Giselle. It'd be interesting to see how you might take on their masterpiece this season.
    Mmm. Do I really want to watch this? Giselle is also one of my all time favorite ballets...and if they mangled it, I'd rather not see it.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Mmm. Do I really want to watch this? Giselle is also one of my all time favorite ballets...and if they mangled it, I'd rather not see it.
    That's really up to you isn't it? FYI I wouldn't have called it a masterpiece if they "mangled" it.

Quote Originally Posted by calstudent View Post
    That's really up to you isn't it? FYI I wouldn't have called it a masterpiece if they "mangled" it.
    Except I suspect you and I have a very different artistic sensibility as displayed by my dislike of Mao's free and your disagreeing my dislike of it.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Except I suspect you and I have a very different artistic sensibility as displayed by my dislike of Mao's free and your disagreeing my dislike of it.
    "very different', a bit hyperbolic don't you think? "Artistic sensibility" aside, Meryl and Charlie's SD is the highest scoring SD routine this season and many, including commentators, have lavishly praised it and judges awarded them numerous 10s in the pcs. So yes, I personally think it's an artistic triumph but looking at it objectively, it's not hard to discern and conclude it as a masterpiece.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast