Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Men's Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    I was so happy about Daisuke today, he finally got that 4T back! As I said before, he’s such a warrior and will always come back stronger, so when some other fans worried about him after CoC and NHK, I wasn’t too worried because I knew he would come back. I hope he skates equally well tomorrow and wins the gold. Perhaps that’ll be difficult given how strong Patrick is, but I really want Daisuke to win at least once. Let me dream until tomorrow.
    I agree with you. I'm just so thrilled for Daisuke!

I also think the earthquake might have distressed Hanyu today, poor thing. Thank God the tsunami that resulted was only three feet high. When I heard "earthquake" and "Japan" today, my heart sank.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I agree with everyone who is happy for Dai. I still cannot believe he's in the lead. I have doubts of him winning. The other top contenders just had all obvious mistakes today. Feel kind of bad for Machida and I hope Kozuka can show them all tomorrow, he was better than his score, and just 4th.... :( Cannot watch tomorrow as I am at NRW Trophy, but I wish all men the best.

Custom Title
    You're at NRW Trophy tomorrow? Is that the one YuNa is skating at? Oh, I hope you have wonderful things to report.

Please take detailed notes so you can tell us everything.

MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN) - 92.29 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    2. Patrick CHAN (CAN) - 89.27 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    3. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) - 87.17 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    4. Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) - 86.39 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    5. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 80.19 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    6. Tatsuki MACHIDA (JPN) - 70.58 Short Program, 2nd Copy

Thankyou for the videos. Quite a few smaller mistakes except for Dai but really enjoyed their performances. That is about the best quad toe i remember Dai doing and Patrick's quad toe was about the biggest i remember him doing, and his 3 axel was wonderful. Hope they all skate well in the free. Love Patrick, Dai, and Yuzuru for all different reasons.

When Patrick gets his act together, this program will be impossible to beat. His mistake of the Lutz caused the rest of the program to kind of peter out -- the last spin was kind of off and he finished behind the music. I really like those little soft leaps up into the air. It looks like he is hanging in midair, or floating on a cloud.

Tripping on the Podium
    ^ What a surprise! Does it even matter what kind of program Chan has? If he is clean, he's impossible to beat.

Custom Title
    Mathman specifically said 'this programme' so it's obvious he's only talking about this programme of Patrick's.

Tripping on the Podium
    And I'm saying that statement "When Patrick gets his act together, this program will be impossible to beat" is a truism.

Custom Title
    I am not complaining Dai's red jacket anymore as long as he hits that quad and other elements.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    Perhaps that’ll be difficult given how strong Patrick is, but I really want Daisuke to win at least once. Let me dream until tomorrow.
    Let me join you in your sweet dream, doctor!

Quote Originally Posted by itoja View Post
    And I'm saying that statement "When Patrick gets his act together, this program will be impossible to beat" is a truism.
    Well, Patrick has his work cut out for him. I do think that this Elegy SP is a potential 100 point program. if he doesn't have it mastered by worlds I wouldn't mind if he kept it for the Olympic season. One thing for him to work on is his spins, IMHO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Well, Patrick has his work cut out for him. I do think that this Elegy SP is a potential 100 point program. if he doesn't have it mastered by worlds I wouldn't mind if he kept it for the Olympic season. One thing for him to work on is his spins, IMHO.
    I was thinking about this program and wondering if he might keep it for next season.

I just want to say how proud and am of the skills that Jeff has in putting such program together. Love that Jeff Buttle.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I was thinking about this program and wondering if he might keep it for next season.

I just want to say how proud and am of the skills that Jeff has in putting such program together. Love that Jeff Buttle.
    Hasn't he said that he intends to keep both programmes?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    That was what Rosie Dimanno wrote in her article. There was no direct quote from Patrick Chan. So one cannot be 100% sure.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 12-08-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Yeah I think he is. I personally don't like it when skaters recycle programs though, even if the program is a good one. He'll have performed this at least 6 times by season's end, and he doesn't actually have much to build on by skating it 6 more times - its mostly just the technical stuff, which happens in any program. By that time I'm ready for something fresh, and someone like Patrick really shouldn't be playing it safe by keeping a program. With his skills he's got a lot to offer, he just needs to challenge himself. It just seems like a real waste that we only get to see new programs from him every two seasons.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast