2012 GPF Men's Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 GPF Men's Short Program

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I didn't see the stumble on the 3A - looked like he had good run-out to me. And wow about the clean quad and wow wow on the footwork. will be interesting to see the protocols.

The stumble likely didn't count as part of the 3A.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN)

Music: Concert Overture (from "Exodus") by Karol Szymanowski

4T
CCSp
FSSp
3A - fall
3Lz+3T
StSq
CCoSp

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Takahiko Kozuka

Great 4T (no URs this time!). Great death drop into sit spin. Rough 3A landing (will get -3 even without fall). Strong 3Lz+3T. A lot of quiet power throughout the performance. He should get around a 85-86.

Total 86.39

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
Machida looked tight or a bit nervous. I love Kozuka's skating...but that's too bad on the 3A; with his skating, he sort of, for me at least, casts a kind of sublime spell on me, but we he falls, it shatters it for a second.

lavender

Record Breaker
Looks like Taka and Dai are really working on those quads. I'm glad Taka got a good score even with the fall because there's so much that is great about his skating.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yuzuru HANYU (JPN)

Music: Parisian Walkways by Gary Moore

4T - low landing, holds on
FCSp
CSSp
3A
3Lz+3T - fall, sort of tangled his legs
StSq
CCoSp

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yuzuru Hanyu

Almost slipped out of the 4T landing. Great entry on 3A, some snow on landing. Fall on the 3T and a bit forward on the 3Lz in the combo. So much nerves going on. Great footwork sequence and good centered spins. Should be about a 84 in my book.

Higher than I thought. Total 87.17.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Has scoring method changed on calling out for falls? I thought no butt, no fall in the last season or two, even in this season.

No idea. I thought it was a fall, but people called it a step out. The balance of weight wasn't on his skates, and that's important in definitions.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yuzuru :bang: Anyway, I love this program, I love him! Now it will be interesting how Chan does...