2Lz+3T - stepout
FSSp
StSq
CCoSp

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Patrick Chan

Solid 4T. Good 3A (do doubling out this time!). 2Lz+3T (will get -2 there). He will likely lose about 5 points on that mistake. It should be around a 89-90 for me.

(Gosh, it's like Worlds. Everyone is making a mistake in the SP!)

Total 89.27

emma

Record Breaker
I hope he doesn't beat Dai w/ that.

I think it will be close. Truly beautiful skating and amazing transitions and choreo - He gets credit for fighting for the combo in my book. And kudos to Hanyu for fighting for it too!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
:yay: You can say what you want, but Chan deserves the best PCS, for me!

emma

Record Breaker
Dai's in the lead! Chan in second. It's too bad to see some of these mistakes today, but fun to watch the competition live! Thanks so much for the links!

rosacotton

Final Flight
Totally didn't expect Dai to win the short. Good for him!

Hope everyone can calm the nerves for the free. *crosses fingers*

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Up until the combo mistake, I had Chan winning this SP. Much as I love Dai (and agree with his 1st place for this SP), Chan had me mesmerized. Fluid movement. Only Jeremy Abbott when he's really really on can come close.

naan

Rinkside
Up until the combo mistake, I had Chan winning this SP. Much as I love Dai (and agree with his 1st place for this SP), Chan had me mesmerized. Fluid movement. Only Jeremy Abbott when he's really really on can come close.
I agree, I was relieved after watching 3A, but damn that 3Lz-3T :bang: Anyway, Chan was marvelous! :)

lea

Rinkside
My streaming was not good. So I need to watch again.
But for me Chan looked nervous and off.. a little. He was better at COR.
Daisuke gave a best performance. I think.
That mean...Chan's PCS was a little overscored.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker

I also agree with this - and especially with this SP. But, it was still breathtaking to watch. It was also great to see Dai really skate well - and, I just love, love, love his energy and showmanship! And, Hanyu is just charming - he was so cute after his program, sort of smiling and saying, ah shucks...I messed up, but then seemingly truly pleased with his scores. I think Orser was saying something like: you can't always get 95s...it was a cute interaction.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Meh,..

That old Goe/Pcs scam- give as high GOE as possible for what he could do and PCS will add the last touch. 2-3 combo doesn't count. Chan's PCS higer than Dai's, especially for PE and IN, is more than foolish. Some skating machine that is trying to be meaningful and therefore brings only the feeling of irony. And the Mister Performer who is worshipped by crowds. I also disagree with Kozuka's PCS that are lower than Hanyu's. Taka should be 3rd now, not Hanyu who shouldn't have been scored over 8s in PCS in the first place. At least now it became 100% clear- Hanyuflation was a trick to somehow decredit other guys from Team Japan, those who are for real capable to make competition for Chan in Sochi besides Plu- first of all Dai, and Kozuka. When Chan was on the ice- they showed Yuzu his place.

Current ISU is the stupidest sport organization ever that is doing whatever it can to kich this sport out of Olympics. And doing very well.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Just watched the videos. Congratualtions to Dai, he was just wonderful!!!:clap:

eta: Happy Birthday to Hanyu! Anyone have a link to his SP.

Last edited: