Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Pairs Short Program SP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I am disappointed too in a way. I have always really liked B/L (and certainly way more than many people here) and am glad they are having some success now. However, it makes me sad what has happened to K/S, another really beautiful team who tends to be more in tune with the emotion of the music.

ETA: That said, K/S clearly did not have a good skate here. To be Russia's number 2, they do have to do better than this.
    I too predicted B/L would be Russian No.2
    I never hated B/L but still a bit odd now they are ranked higher than K/S now

Custom Title
    B/L's 3T did not receive any negative GOE from any judge. They are so far apart and not in unison at all.
    It's really unfair on other pairs who try to achieve the objective of SBS pair jumps ie closeness and synchro
    and in the process may fail now and again.

Custom Title
    Holy crap. B/L broke 70. This non-sport is a joke.
    K/S will soon retire, they don't have what it take, and with the way the federation is heading, they will be lucky to make the team next year. Sorry Moskvina, you can't do magic for them anymore.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaCampo View Post
    B/L's 3T did not receive any negative GOE from any judge. They are so far apart and not in unison at all.
    It's really unfair on other pairs who try to achieve the objective of SBS pair jumps ie closeness and synchro
    and in the process may fail now and again.
    I said many times, they should get 0 for that element, not just 0 GOE. The element is called SBS jump, they never attempted a SBS jump their whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I said many times, they should get 0 for that element, not just 0 GOE. The element is called SBS jump, they never attempted a SBS jump their whole life.
    I think this is unfair. Their SBS jumps used to be REALLY UNTHINKABLY bad, and are now better. Their better is still REALLY bad, but if you watch their LP from the 2010 Olys it is quite obvious they have improved a lot. It puzzles me why they struggle so much with them- I wonder if one of them has trouble counting with the music or what is going on.

ETA: I DO think they should recieve negative GOE on the jumps and don't think they should get credit in the form of positive GOE for improving or trying. But I don't think it is fair to say they are not trying or that they never attempted SBS jumps when obviously they are and have.
    Last edited by tulosai; 12-07-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Custom Title
    Congrats to B/L! I've always been a fan. but they still need to hold it together in the long program. K/S can still rise up.

Custom Title
    B/L should have got more -1 on the triple toe, they didn't fall but everything else about it was a mess. But V/T also should not have got a 10.00 in execution, that program was great but certainly not perfect.

I'm happy the other teams performed well except K/S who after five trips to the GPF have only finished 5th-three times and only one bronze medal. This bad performance really doesn't surprise me; they always perform bad here. They looked slow and nervous and it showed. But don't forget the last Olympic season M/T beat K/S at the GPF and it had no bearing on the rest of the season.

Custom Title
    Thanks but my computer couldn't get connections to the forum for a long while and I missed everything:(

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    I watch here: http://www.stopstream.tv/49/20/492049.html

But there are pop-up commercials sometimes blocking the view

PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 73.46 Short Program
    2. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 70.14 Short Program
    3. Qing PANG & Jian TONG (CHN) - 64.74 Short Program
    4. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 64.20 Short Program
    5. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 60.95 Short Program
    6. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 58.02 Short Program

I just watched B/L and don't actually understand the negative reaction here. Yes the SBS jump was awful, big surprise. Their twist was great and not crashy at all for once, their throw was great and not shaky at all for once, and they skated the first half of their footwork sequence with something resembling passion/listening to the music (though that had faded by the end). I am not surprised at all by their score considering what they scored for what I would call much worse efforts this season.

Custom Title
    I think this is unfair. Their SBS jumps used to be REALLY UNTHINKABLY bad, and are now better. Their better is still REALLY bad, but if you watch their LP from the 2010 Olys it is quite obvious they have improved a lot. It puzzles me why they struggle so much with them- I wonder if one of them has trouble counting with the music or what is going on.
    ETA: I DO think they should recieve negative GOE on the jumps and don't think they should get credit in the form of positive GOE for improving or trying. But I don't think it is fair to say they are not trying or that they never attempted SBS jumps when obviously they are and have.
    I think tolosai is a bit unfair to FlattFan. The issue he's raising is NOT whether B/L is TRYING or NOT TRYING. The issue is what they do may not be a real SBS jump even if they may be trying.

I was watching Raisport live and Franca Bianconi (B/H's coach) was saying (if I remember correctly) they (B/L) are so wide apart but that's how they chose to do it. I will double check what Franca actually said when a video is uploaded. So FlattFan may not be alone.

PS. I now watched the video (thanks to Mao88) and Bianconi did say B/L "strategically choose to do it this way so as not to create problems for themselves but this shouldn't attract (positive) value in terms of GOE".
    Last edited by StellaCampo; 12-07-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: post script

Banned
    I just watched B/L and don't actually understand the negative reaction here. Yes the SBS jump was awful, big surprise. Their twist was great and not crashy at all for once, their throw was great and not shaky at all for once, and they skated the first half of their footwork sequence with something resembling passion/listening to the music (though that had faded by the end). I am not surprised at all by their score considering what they scored for what I would call much worse efforts this season.
    I don't think B/L have crashy twist, In fact it was always one of their biggest GOE getters their lifts and their twists
    I will give them credit that B/L triple twists are very nice and better than K/S potato sack twists

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    I watch here: http://www.stopstream.tv/49/20/492049.html

But there are pop-up commercials sometimes blocking the view
    Sometimes, you can get around these pop-ups by selecting FULL SCREEN. I don't know why this works, but it usually does.

Custom Title
    On the whole a well skated event and I agree with the placements if not the marks. Dissapointed for K/S but they are rightfully in last place, hopefully they put out a good LP and maybe move up. A good performance from V/T are deservedly in the lead, they have been a bit up and down for me this year, I don't want a COR performance in the LP. One of the best skates I have seen from B/L but do not think it deserves a 70+, I like them as a couple but their SBS jumps are really an issue for me, everything else is great.

Has Tong landed a triple jump this year? He is really struggling on the jumps. Good from the Canadians, I prefer MT/M, I like their style.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    On the whole a well skated event and I agree with the placements if not the marks. Dissapointed for K/S but they are rightfully in last place, hopefully they put out a good LP and maybe move up. A good performance from V/T are deservedly in the lead, they have been a bit up and down for me this year, I don't want a COR performance in the LP. One of the best skates I have seen from B/L but do not think it deserves a 70+, I like them as a couple but their SBS jumps are really an issue for me, everything else is great.

Has Tong landed a triple jump this year? He is really struggling on the jumps. Good from the Canadians, I prefer MT/M, I like their style.
    No Tong has a scheduled surgery for his knees but the Chinese Fed asked him to postpone the surgery

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast