Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Ladies' Free Skate LP

Custom Title
    It's kind of funny that the only skaters who landed five different triples finished 5th and 6th. Wagner landed three different triples, the others four.

Rinkside
    Congrats Mao ! Happy for her.

Kiira-Loved her performance even though mistakes... elegance,maturity..

Wagner- Really well choreographed program.Before that hard fall She really did great. After the fall she did well still. I was impressed with her.

Gao- I like this program & music. Looking forward to a good performance at Nationals.
    Last edited by lea; 12-08-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I almost cried after Mao's performance!I was the 1st who bashed her at NHK. This time everything was deserved))Not at her best but still a class of the field=)
    I don't like Ashley. She seemed arrogant to me but I was like after she fell..Feel pity for her((((Still a very strong skater.She showed her strong will when she continued skating after that HARD fall
    Mao was exquisite! She deserved to win this title! What an amazing performance.

Ashley is very humble. She is just very confident.

Hope her hip is good and she has no injury.

The ice looked really bad.

Custom Title
    Mao's second Loop and Flip were also underrotated, you could even see it without slow-motion.

Can't wait to see Koster and Kim who do triple jumps.

The only triples Mao got full credit for were 3Lo, 3F & 3Lz (e). This is becoming intolerable (not that any specific skater won, but that the only thing a lady has to win a senior event is execute 2 different triples correctly ( flutz doesn't count due to it being INcorrect)).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    A 4 triple win is so pathetic. This success of Mao is really outrageous.
    Why?In that case Ashley is not better. Their strenght is in their performing ability..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    Mao's second Loop and Flip were also underrotated, you could even see it without slow-motion.

I think Kostners success without a lutz and with one 3 flip is what really sparked and encouraged this war on triple jumps that Mao is now taking advantage of. Triples era in ladies may be ending or at least more than 4 triples. It's so pathetic and the sport is over and really worthless.

Custom Title
    So proud of Ashley. What a courageous young lady after that hard fall on dbl axel. Her conditioning is superb. I'm kind of glad it happened now. As we know she can't be perfect all the time. Hope that's out of the way now and peak at National and World. She will have her chance for redemption against Mao at 4CC.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    The only triples Mao got full credit for were 3Lo, 3F & 3Lz (e). This is becoming intolerable (not that any specific skater won, but that the only thing a lady has to win a senior event is execute 2 different triples correctly ( flutz doesn't count due to it being INcorrect)).
    But WHO should have won in THIS competition? Among the others Mao was head and shoulders..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post

Asada didn't get much deduction for "<" and "e" either. Many judges just gave her zero GOE.

Custom Title
    Why?In that case Ashley is not better. Their strenght is in their performing ability..
    I know Ashley is no better and she didn't deserve to win , Mao didn't deserve to win, the whole idea of winning a ladies event has been voided of any meaning and I agree with nadia01. The ladies side of skating is going horribly and is atrocious.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Not really related but I love the Eurosport guys. May they live (and announce skating) forever.

Agree! They really are the very best!

mylastduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I know Ashley is no better and she didn't deserve to win , Mao didn't deserve to win, the whole idea of winning a ladies event has been voided of any meaning and I agree with nadia01. The ladies side of skating is going horribly and is atrocious.
    So who exactly deserved to win then?

But WHO should have won in THIS competition? Among the others Mao was head and shoulders..
    Oh I know she was the best in Sochi.

But don't you think that it is a PROBLEM? That the senior ladies are so technically INEPT that a skater who can execute only 2 different triple jumps correctly can come and win just b/c she managed to not fall?

I'm not dinging Mao herself, but the general trend I'm seeing in ladies' competitions. It is disappointing to see programs with very low technical content.
    Last edited by Nadia01; 12-08-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    terrible splatfest from the Top3
    Tuk should have medaled
    No she doesn't, not even close. The 10 pts difference between her TES and PCS sends out a powerful signal and the reasons were already discussed in the SP thread yesterday - many of us knew no amount of 3/3 will get Elizavetha anywhere near the top unless she starts to actually skate like with a complete package.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast