LSp
3F - fall
3S
3Lo
3T+2T+2Lo - a bit slow ride-out
StSq
ChSq
FSSp

Not her best, but noone expected her at the final. Somewhat gawky interpretation of a tango.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Gap wet down on a triple flip, otherwise really really excellent. She is projecting more, and did a Triple Flip Triple toe (I think) combo. Really came back well after the fall, did not lose concentration at all. I am very impressed with her this year! I'd actually love to see her be the USA's number 2 at worlds.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Christina GAO (USA)

Not her best, but noone expected her at the final. Somewhat gawky interpretation of a tango.

She is a little gawky but I do feel like she's made huge strides in smoothing out her gawkiness this year. Is she tall,does anyone know?

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Christina Gao

Her conditioning has been great, though her arm placement and leg line could be more refined, particularly to match the movements of the tango she's attempting to interpret. But good jumps apart from the fall on the flip and the two-footed 3Lz.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
^According to ISU Bio Gao is 165 cm.

But I mostly think it's her long, skinny legs and arms that make her gawky

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA

Music: Dark Eyes

3Lz+3T - stepout
3Lz - stepout
3F
LSp
StSq
2A+3T
3S+2T+2Lo - held onto landing
FSSp
3Lo
ChSq
2A - 'tano
CCoSp

Mistake on the lutzes, otherwise very solid skate

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think it's time to just admit to myself and everyone else that I don't like Tukt. I don't rule out liking her at some point in the future (I used to dislike Ashley and now I am coming to love her) but at this time she does not do it for me. I have tried to like her, and I know lots of other people like her but something about her skating and style just grates on me. When she is totally clean she does have an energy and dynamism that I like, but any other time I struggle to finish watching her. I think maybe she is just too athletic without any artistry for me. I can't stand her arms. I thought she'd backed off on the arms this year but at this competition they are back in full force. It is just :bang: for me.

That said, solid skate. She will surely be in first.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

3Lz+3T(step-out). 3Lz(step-out). Good 3F. Not a great layback spin, though, in levels or in position. 2A+3T (eeked out that 3T). 3S+2T+2L(eeked this out too). Good 3Lo. A little shaky on the spiral and not a great Bielmanposition. Good 2A with the arms aloft. Overall, she could have better timing and connection to the music. She will have a lot of negative GOEs, but she will likely get the rotation.

TES 63.65
PCS 53.49
Total 117.14

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Kiira Korpi

Strong stroking as always. 2T+3T (good landings, though). Single lutz, ouch. Good recovery with the 3F. Good flying sit spin with definite positions. 3Lo+2T(almost at standstill). 3S+2T+1Lo. Doubled the loop. Didn't hold the haircutter position in spin. 2A. Her high scores tend to come from her GOE scores but she's not letting the judges do that today.

TES 51.34
PES 60.18
Total 111.52

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kiira KORPI (FIN)

Music: Once Upon a Time in America by Ennio Morricone

2T+3T
1Lz
3F - e
FSSp
3Lo+2T
3S+2T+1Lo
2Lo
LSp
StSq
2A
ChSq
CCoSp

Not her best, a couple of popped jumps. She's got a good lead from the SP, but it's hard tell if this is enough to keep her ahead of Tukt.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Best thing I can say about Korpi is she stayed on her feet. Lovely skating skills as always but she is so frustrating to me.

Kinga

Medalist
Korpi - elegant and refined skating... But not memorable at all (IMO). all her programs look the same to me. I cannot recall any single one that stands out. Pretty positions, pretty girl, pretty dresses. Thats all I can say.