2012 GPF Ladies' Free Skate LP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2012 GPF Ladies' Free Skate LP

mikeko666

Final Flight
Does Korpi ever have a chance to break the habit of popping and doubling every second jump?

She should be forced to complete her jumps in practice, no matter what.

Wasn't she ill before this competition, with stomach flu or something?

hybfc

Rinkside
Not 6.0 - just a few years ago. You can see a lot of protocols even from before 2010 with much better skates winning events with better jumps. Jumps are so atrocious now. Mao did not skate well at all. The fact that she won does not mean she was good just judged better than the rest. She was atrocious.

She was not atrocious. You were.

yude

Record Breaker
Congratulations, Mao!!
When she finished her performance, I was about cry.
And I'm proud of Akiko and Ashley for having strong will after that hard falls.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Does Korpi ever have a chance to break the habit of popping and doubling every second jump?

She should be forced to complete her jumps in practice, no matter what.
I propose a similar rule for certain posters.

Wasn't she ill before this competition, with stomach flu or something?
She was, and also had back problems. I was pleasantly surprised by how well she skated yesterday, but figured doing so in the free skate would probably be a bit of a tall order.

I'm so thrilled for Mao, though I wouldn't want to have been in the audience for this painful splatfest. But when I see this many falls in a major competition, my first thought is, how is the ice? These are not children skating: they're experienced competitive skaters--well, except for Gao, who's just breaking in. What is it that made them all lose their mojo at the same time? I'd at least check out the ice. Let's see what the men do on this ice before yelling about how awful women's skating has become. (And I will add that I hope the men are splendid! No one wants to see another demonstration of the law of gravity like this one.)

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Congrats to Mao, and to Liza with 2nd place in FS. Same that it wasn't enough for her to be over Korpi. I don't get Korpi PCS. As for Akiko and Ashley, well.. hope they will have a better day one day.

Welcome, WromgEdge, and thanks for the post. Any Youtube yet?

Mao was great. That's what figure skating needs most of all, stars who can grab the audience and hold it in thrall for four minutes.

Ashley wasn't as bad as I feared from the descriptions. Minus the fall on the Axel (the fall on the flip was OK :) ), her program had speed and pizzazz.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I'm so thrilled for Mao, though I wouldn't want to have been in the audience for this painful splatfest. But when I see this many falls in a major competition, my first thought is, how is the ice? These are not children skating: they're experienced competitive skaters--well, except for Gao, who's just breaking in. What is it that made them all lose their mojo at the same time? I'd at least check out the ice. Let's see what the men do on this ice before yelling about how awful women's skating has become. (And I will add that I hope the men are splendid! No one wants to see another demonstration of the law of gravity like this one.)
Ice is good

Nadia01

Final Flight
Welcome, WromgEdge, and thanks for the post. Any Youtube yet?

Mao was great. That's what figure skating needs most of all, stars who can grab the audience and hold it in thrall for four minutes.

Ashley wasn't as bad as I feared from the descriptions. Minus the fall on the Axel (the fall on the flip was OK :) ), her program had speed and pizzazz.

http://youtu.be/wuZN9NJpPXo for Yuna's livestream feed sp

seniorita

Record Breaker
Just saw the protocols, i hope i see the competition soon cause we had internet problems due to bad weather, Liza has very low pcs, lower than what she usually gets, the margin is too huge to cover, otherwise was it a splatfest?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Just saw the protocols, i hope i see the competition soon cause we had internet problems due to bad weather, Liza has very low pcs, lower than what she usually gets, the margin is too huge to cover, otherwise was it a splatfest?
Well, Mao was also good. Otherwise, splats and pops throughout. None of them will beat Yuna if she continues as she skated in the SP at NRW.

inskate

On the Ice
Congrats to the medalists! I'm glad Mao overcame her difficuties and won gold, especially considering the fact that before the LP she was considering withdrawing because of her hip injury (and the pain making it difficult for her to skate).

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20121208-00000106-spnannex-spo
Short summary by silenceisgolden from BoI:
After 6-minute practise, Mao said to Sato "I can't skate" (she got discouraged because of lower back pain.)
Saying "No kidding" and "Try how good you can do under such conditions!", Sato got her fired up.

I'm also happy for Liza. :)

Icey

Record Breaker
So, who deserve to win then? All female except Liza had really bad performance. I also think Mao is overscored but who should win? Should they give award to no one?

Yes, there are times when the gold shouldn't be awarded imo While I know of no sport that occurs in, I have known it to happen in piano and dance competitions. Gold should mean something .