2012 GPF Ladies' Free Skate LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 GPF Ladies' Free Skate LP

pohatta

On the Ice
It's kind of funny that the only skaters who landed five different triples finished 5th and 6th. Wagner landed three different triples, the others four.

lea

Rinkside
Congrats Mao ! Happy for her.

Kiira-Loved her performance even though mistakes... elegance,maturity..

Wagner- Really well choreographed program.Before that hard fall She really did great. After the fall she did well still. I was impressed with her.

Gao- I like this program & music. Looking forward to a good performance at Nationals. :)

Last edited:

christinaskater

Medalist
I almost cried after Mao's performance!I was the 1st who bashed her at NHK. This time everything was deserved))Not at her best but still a class of the field=)
I don't like Ashley. She seemed arrogant to me but I was like :eek::no:after she fell..Feel pity for her((((Still a very strong skater.She showed her strong will when she continued skating after that HARD fall:eek:

Mao was exquisite! She deserved to win this title! What an amazing performance.

Ashley is very humble. She is just very confident.

Hope her hip is good and she has no injury.

The ice looked really bad.

SXTN

Final Flight
Mao's second Loop and Flip were also underrotated, you could even see it without slow-motion.

Can't wait to see Koster and Kim who do triple jumps.

Nadia01

Final Flight
The only triples Mao got full credit for were 3Lo, 3F & 3Lz (e). This is becoming intolerable (not that any specific skater won, but that the only thing a lady has to win a senior event is execute 2 different triples correctly ( flutz doesn't count due to it being INcorrect)).

gmyers

Record Breaker
Mao's second Loop and Flip were also underrotated, you could even see it without slow-motion.

I think Kostners success without a lutz and with one 3 flip is what really sparked and encouraged this war on triple jumps that Mao is now taking advantage of. Triples era in ladies may be ending or at least more than 4 triples. It's so pathetic and the sport is over and really worthless.

bixby

Final Flight
So proud of Ashley. What a courageous young lady after that hard fall on dbl axel. Her conditioning is superb. I'm kind of glad it happened now. As we know she can't be perfect all the time. Hope that's out of the way now and peak at National and World. She will have her chance for redemption against Mao at 4CC.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
The only triples Mao got full credit for were 3Lo, 3F & 3Lz (e). This is becoming intolerable (not that any specific skater won, but that the only thing a lady has to win a senior event is execute 2 different triples correctly ( flutz doesn't count due to it being INcorrect)).

But WHO should have won in THIS competition? Among the others Mao was head and shoulders..

mikeko666

Final Flight

Asada didn't get much deduction for "<" and "e" either. Many judges just gave her zero GOE.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Why?In that case Ashley is not better. Their strenght is in their performing ability..

I know Ashley is no better and she didn't deserve to win , Mao didn't deserve to win, the whole idea of winning a ladies event has been voided of any meaning and I agree with nadia01. The ladies side of skating is going horribly and is atrocious.

M

mylastduchess

I know Ashley is no better and she didn't deserve to win , Mao didn't deserve to win, the whole idea of winning a ladies event has been voided of any meaning and I agree with nadia01. The ladies side of skating is going horribly and is atrocious.

So who exactly deserved to win then?

Nadia01

Final Flight
But WHO should have won in THIS competition? Among the others Mao was head and shoulders..

Oh I know she was the best in Sochi.

But don't you think that it is a PROBLEM? That the senior ladies are so technically INEPT that a skater who can execute only 2 different triple jumps correctly can come and win just b/c she managed to not fall?

I'm not dinging Mao herself, but the general trend I'm seeing in ladies' competitions. It is disappointing to see programs with very low technical content.

Last edited:

wallylutz

Medalist
terrible splatfest from the Top3
Tuk should have medaled

No she doesn't, not even close. The 10 pts difference between her TES and PCS sends out a powerful signal and the reasons were already discussed in the SP thread yesterday - many of us knew no amount of 3/3 will get Elizavetha anywhere near the top unless she starts to actually skate like with a complete package.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It's the ice. The ice looks bad today!
Mao pays no mind to bad ice. :biggrin:

I'm genuinely happy for her and I don't care if she was somewhat overscored. What, did Korpi, Suzuki and Wagner deserve their marks considering what they put on the ice today? The gap was just as it should have been, it was simply a high-scoring panel.

Also, considering the reason why Mao couldn't compete at last year's GPF, I'm just going to be happy for her, period.

treeloving

Medalist

So, who deserve to win then? All female except Liza had really bad performance. I also think Mao is overscored but who should win? Should they give award to no one?

mary01

Final Flight
I am soo proud of Mao, you where absolutely stunning, I'm soo happy to see her deliver the way she did!

today is exactly one year since her mothers death, and since she last year had to withdraw!

gmyers

Record Breaker
So who exactly deserved to win then?

Nobody deserved to win here. Like no one is deserving of being NHk winner this year. Ladies skating has reached such a low level it is pathetic and ridiculous for there to be winners based on what bein a winner previously meant. Everyone is throwing triple jumps right out of the sport. It is so ridiculous and wins should not be happening. Just no winners. Not until the participants respect what they are doing again. There is no respect or effort from the participants. It is ridiculous and the while sport idea is a laughable joke and jumps don't matter anymore to the ladies and all wins need to be voided this season.