FCCoSp
2S
3Lo+2Lo+2Lo
CCoSp
3F+2Lo
FCSp
StSq
ChSq

Very nice skate and only one pop (plus she stayed on her feet). Should take gold easily!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Mao Asada

Good 3Lo. Great 2A+3T. Fine 3F. 3Lz will get a edge deduction, should be underrotated. Only a 2S. Good 3Lo+2Lo+2Lo. 3F+2Lo. Nice combos in the second half of the program. Will definitely win with that performance.

Total 129.84

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not really related but I love the Eurosport guys. May they live (and announce skating) forever.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Asada
129.84 (SB), total 196.80 (SB) and her third GPF gold!

Congratulations. Nice to see a good FS on the podium...

wallylutz

Medalist
Wagner got 62+ in PCS for that skate, the highest until Asada showed up? Well, no need for me to explain the bonus mark question asked from the SP thread then.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Mao Asada (JPN) - 196.80 Free Skate
2. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 181.93 Free Skate
3. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 180.77 Free Skate
4. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 174.94 Free Skate
5. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 173.75
6. Christina GAO (USA) - 154.54 Free Skate

Absolutely thrilled for Mao - Great win

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I almost cried after Mao's performance!I was the 1st who bashed her at NHK. This time everything was deserved))Not at her best but still a class of the field=)
I don't like Ashley. She seemed arrogant to me but I was like :eek::no:after she fell..Feel pity for her((((Still a very strong skater.She showed her strong will when she continued skating after that HARD fall:eek:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
terrible splatfest from the Top3
Tuk should have medaled

I somehow disagree) Liza has no such ss to match the top ladies yet))But I'm ok with all the placements) As for Liza the real test for her will be nats and euro if she is on the podium (I hope)

Trewyn

Medalist
Oh Ashley :( I feared she was going to lose momentum if she skated badly at the final. Surprised at the fall on the salchow, but then again it's her least favourite jump. But the axel, I wasn't surprised she fell, she had so little speed going into it that it was doomed to be underrotated. But wow I literally screamed when it looked like she wasn't going to get up. MAJOR PROPS for landing that flip; I was wondering the whole time during the steps whether she was still going to attempt it or not and she did it so very well. I believe a little extra pcs were given for her courage, because her performance during the steps was otherwise very hesitant.

I really really hope the fall won't result in a serious injury for her! Happy she's still got silver, that in itself is a huge accomplishment.

Asada; happy to see her skate well, but... It's becoming a bit of a tradition to cry 'overscored' for every Lady's win this season, but I feel I need to say it; nearly 130 for that? Undoubtedly the deserved winner of the night. Huge score to warn Yuna?

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I was overcome with emotion at the half way point where Mao slows down. Her countenance and poise had sadness. I was not expecting this and I cried.