Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Ladies' Free Skate LP

Custom Title
    Soooo glad Mao won but I wish Akiko got siliver. Glad she at least got on the podium.

I will never understand why some people are so mean when a skater skates badly. (Mostly referring to Ashley here, but it truly is a generally applicable point).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    And also, I am aware of this. That is why US Nationals will be so critical for her to get back on her feet - but she must defend a title in the process. I do not envy her (position) right now, that's for sure.
    I know - and I don't envy her either! But, I'd love to see her knock it out of the park

I haven't watched the LPs yet - can't quite bring myself to do it - I hate knowing that Akiko had a good short but problems in the Long especially after he last GP with that lovely LP; and then Ashley not skating clean (or landing the jumps) after two great GP events - and then to read that it was a hard fall....

Congrats, though, to the medalists and I'm very happy to read that Mao skated well!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I wouldn't say it was all that courageous but good try. She was the maker of her own misfortune; I am shocked I thought her nerves were so under control. I guess even she is human but that sets her up for world's nicely and certainly national. Mao maybe happy but she has to know Yuna is back and there is going to be trouble if her short program is any indication. Yuna is untouchable tripe lutz tripe toe, triple flip, 2a wow!
    I only agreed with the bolded, not the "courageous" part. I should have been more clear

I disagree with it "setting her up nicely" for nats/worlds though. Bad performances NEVER set one up well. However, maybe we'll see what she is made of, and if she is a fighter, perhaps we have not seen her best yet.

Custom Title
    Ashley's going to win Nationals. I mean really, who else is going to win Nationals. She's the only one that's getting the scores internationally.

With all these posts about Yuna, it's It's like she's competing at the GPF! (much appreciated though).

I've only seen Mao's performance, but it seems like Mao's the only one rejuvenated by news of Yuna's comeback. Gotta have good-ol' fashioned rivalry to get you pumping again!

I think it was extremely amazing that Mao performed so well under injury. That girl's determination is definitely inhibiting her pain pathways! I do hope she recovers really well though, I'd hate to see another MK 2006 situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I mean, how dare the ladies have a bad event. Don't they know that anonymous internet commentators will bash them for all their hardwork and effort if they don't produce perfection every time!?!?!?!?!
    THIS.
    Last edited by aftertherain; 12-08-2012 at 12:23 PM.

I agree. I suspect Ashley's going to defend her title in January. I don't know how Mirai & Gracie will do tho.

Custom Title
    any news as to if Ashley was seriously injured in her fall. She kept grabbing her hip, even in the k&C.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I will never understand why some people are so mean when a skater skates badly. (Mostly referring to Ashley here, but it truly is a generally applicable point).
    The two falls were unfortunate, but the rest of the program was good. One problem I have with Ashley though, is she tends to thrust her arms up in a number of places. It is inelegant (for want of a better word) and it distracts from her skating.
    Mao is not the Mao of old, but she is still beautiful, light and graceful. I do not think it is possible to teach a skater to float across the ice in a 'Mao'like way. With her long program though, I kept thinking back to Oksana's program (which I preferred to Mao's) to the same music. And then of course, I got to thinking, what the heck ever happened to Oksana?

Custom Title
    That was a crazy fall Ashley took. That's one of those fluke things that I don't see happening to her again.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Ashley's going to win Nationals. I mean really, who else is going to win Nationals. She's the only one that's getting the scores internationally.
    *groan* Oh boy, let's not start this....

The skate gods hopefully are sleeping and hear none of this

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    Inconceivable!
    My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father - prepare to die.

(Princess Bride fans unite. )

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father - prepare to die.

(Princess Bride fans unite. )
    I just want you to feel you’re doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Custom Title
    So proud of Mao with situation having thought of withdraw due to her pack pain. Besides,I adore how Sato have her optimism.
    It's not best performance from Gao,but I feel happy for her,too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Wait- Kim was perfect from 2008 to 2010? 2009: TEB LP she utterly omitted the flip, SA LP was a meltdown (that was actually scored lower Wagner's LP here) and she wasn't great at the GPF as well. And she went onto have her best skate ever at the most important competition of her career.
    Yu Na has almost always built up a big lead in the SP that has allowed her to make mistakes in the LP. Even a 6-7 point lead is difficult for someone else to overcome when Yu Na has her 3-3 and high PCS. I personally think that others are more expressive skaters, but her impressive jumping ability cannot be denied.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast