Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Ladies' Free Skate LP

Custom Title
    I'm so thrilled for Mao, though I wouldn't want to have been in the audience for this painful splatfest. But when I see this many falls in a major competition, my first thought is, how is the ice? These are not children skating: they're experienced competitive skaters--well, except for Gao, who's just breaking in. What is it that made them all lose their mojo at the same time? I'd at least check out the ice. Let's see what the men do on this ice before yelling about how awful women's skating has become. (And I will add that I hope the men are splendid! No one wants to see another demonstration of the law of gravity like this one.)

Banned
    Congrats to Mao, and to Liza with 2nd place in FS. Same that it wasn't enough for her to be over Korpi. I don't get Korpi PCS. As for Akiko and Ashley, well.. hope they will have a better day one day.

Zamboni Racing Team
    It's OT, but Yuna just got 72 pts in her NRW Trophy SP. Talk about competition.

Custom Title
    LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Mao Asada (JPN) - 196.80 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    2. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 181.93 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    3. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 180.77 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    4. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 174.94 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    5. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 173.75 Free Skate
    6. Christina GAO (USA) - 154.54 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    Last edited by Mao88; 12-08-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Welcome, WromgEdge, and thanks for the post. Any Youtube yet?

Mao was great. That's what figure skating needs most of all, stars who can grab the audience and hold it in thrall for four minutes.

Ashley wasn't as bad as I feared from the descriptions. Minus the fall on the Axel (the fall on the flip was OK ), her program had speed and pizzazz.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    It will be uploaded on NRW Trophy's Youtube channel. Yuna Kim landed 3Lz+3T, 3F and 2A.

Custom Title
    her program had speed and pizzazz.
    Hm, yum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YvTIgp6Moc

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I'm so thrilled for Mao, though I wouldn't want to have been in the audience for this painful splatfest. But when I see this many falls in a major competition, my first thought is, how is the ice? These are not children skating: they're experienced competitive skaters--well, except for Gao, who's just breaking in. What is it that made them all lose their mojo at the same time? I'd at least check out the ice. Let's see what the men do on this ice before yelling about how awful women's skating has become. (And I will add that I hope the men are splendid! No one wants to see another demonstration of the law of gravity like this one.)
    Ice is good

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    A 4 triple win is so pathetic. This success of Mao is really outrageous.
    Yuna is back scored 72.24 !

Mao was great. That's what figure skating needs most of all, stars who can grab the audience and hold it in thrall for four minutes.

Ashley wasn't as bad as I feared from the descriptions. Minus the fall on the Axel (the fall on the flip was OK ), her program had speed and pizzazz.
    http://youtu.be/wuZN9NJpPXo for Yuna's livestream feed sp

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Yuna is back scored 72.24 !
    Actually 72.27

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Just saw the protocols, i hope i see the competition soon cause we had internet problems due to bad weather, Liza has very low pcs, lower than what she usually gets, the margin is too huge to cover, otherwise was it a splatfest?

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Just saw the protocols, i hope i see the competition soon cause we had internet problems due to bad weather, Liza has very low pcs, lower than what she usually gets, the margin is too huge to cover, otherwise was it a splatfest?
    Well, Mao was also good. Otherwise, splats and pops throughout. None of them will beat Yuna if she continues as she skated in the SP at NRW.

Custom Title
    Congrats to the medalists! I'm glad Mao overcame her difficuties and won gold, especially considering the fact that before the LP she was considering withdrawing because of her hip injury (and the pain making it difficult for her to skate).

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...6-spnannex-spo
    Short summary by silenceisgolden from BoI:
    After 6-minute practise, Mao said to Sato "I can't skate" (she got discouraged because of lower back pain.)
    Saying "No kidding" and "Try how good you can do under such conditions!", Sato got her fired up.
    I'm also happy for Liza.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    So, who deserve to win then? All female except Liza had really bad performance. I also think Mao is overscored but who should win? Should they give award to no one?

Yes, there are times when the gold shouldn't be awarded imo While I know of no sport that occurs in, I have known it to happen in piano and dance competitions. Gold should mean something .

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast