Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Ladies' Free Skate LP

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by bixby View Post
    ...I'm kind of glad it [Wagner's mistakes] happened now. As we know she can't be perfect all the time. Hope that's out of the way now and peak at National and World.
    this
    Last edited by R.D.; 12-08-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: seems to be some confusion over my quote...

LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Mao Asada (JPN) - 196.80 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    2. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 181.93 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    3. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 180.77 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    4. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 174.94 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    5. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 173.75 Free Skate
    6. Christina GAO (USA) - 154.54 Free Skate, 2nd Copy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by inskate View Post
    Congrats to the medalists! I'm glad Mao overcame her difficuties and won gold, especially considering the fact that before the LP she was considering withdrawing because of her hip injury (and the pain making it difficult for her to skate).

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...6-spnannex-spo
    Short summary by silenceisgolden from BoI:

I'm also happy for Liza.
    But Mao's performance here is powerful to me. I admire her. She is a great athlete.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
    Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist!

Custom Title
    I knew top 3 would be secure but this was not good to watch at all.
    Asada is the only one who brought it and I kinda wish korpi was on the podium.

Custom Title
    I mean, how dare the ladies have a bad event. Don't they know that anonymous internet commentators will bash them for all their hardwork and effort if they don't produce perfection every time!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist!
    Inconceivable!

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    So proud of Ashley. What a courageous young lady after that hard fall on dbl axel. Her conditioning is superb. I'm kind of glad it happened now. As we know she can't be perfect all the time. Hope that's out of the way now and peak at National and World.
    Ashley's poor performance is not good news for Ashley fans. A poor performance is not a "glad I got the splaterfest out the way" kind of thing.

When Julia Lipnitskaia made mistakes at the Cup of China, I was told, "Oh, its good for her to get the mistakes out of the way."
    She went on to make more mistakes at TEB.

You never "get mistakes out of the way." Skaters can be perfect all the time. Look at Yu-Na Kim 2008-2010. Look at Sonja Henie 1928-1936.

A skater can make an unlimited number of mistakes. They are not some kind of quota that you "get out of the way."

I am sorry. I don't mean to sound negative; I just wanted to correct this fallacy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    http://youtu.be/wuZN9NJpPXo for Yuna's livestream feed sp
    Better quality video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PpXPQCOyfQ

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Oh Ashley :( I feared she was going to lose momentum if she skated badly at the final. Surprised at the fall on the salchow, but then again it's her least favourite jump. But the axel, I wasn't surprised she fell, she had so little speed going into it that it was doomed to be underrotated. But wow I literally screamed when it looked like she wasn't going to get up. MAJOR PROPS for landing that flip; I was wondering the whole time during the steps whether she was still going to attempt it or not and she did it so very well. I believe a little extra pcs were given for her courage, because her performance during the steps was otherwise very hesitant.

I really really hope the fall won't result in a serious injury for her! Happy she's still got silver, that in itself is a huge accomplishment.

Asada; happy to see her skate well, but... It's becoming a bit of a tradition to cry 'overscored' for every Lady's win this season, but I feel I need to say it; nearly 130 for that? Undoubtedly the deserved winner of the night. Huge score to warn Yuna?
    I agree... I was a bit puzzled by the whole event. With Ashley falling twice, Akiko popping and falling, Asada was a deserved winner, but then, the score is too high for three clean triples one fully rotated triple with an edge call, two under-rotated triples... and she gets 129... I don't argue that she is an artistic and beautiful skater with amazing spins and footwork, but 129 is a bit too high... I would have given the program about 123-124.

Down With It
    Reginald, that quote is wrongfully attributed to me. I did not actually say that, although I mentioned I agreed with the latter (bolded) part of it

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    You never "get mistakes out of the way." Skaters can be perfect all the time. Look at Yu-Na Kim 2008-2010. Look at Sonja Henie 1928-1936.

A skater can make an unlimited number of mistakes. They are not some kind of quota that you "get out of the way."

I am sorry. I don't mean to sound negative; I just wanted to correct this fallacy.
    Wait- Kim was perfect from 2008 to 2010? 2009: TEB LP she utterly omitted the flip, SA LP was a meltdown (that was actually scored lower Wagner's LP here) and she wasn't great at the GPF as well. And she went onto have her best skate ever at the most important competition of her career.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    this
    I wouldn't say it was all that courageous but good try. She was the maker of her own misfortune; I am shocked I thought her nerves were so under control. I guess even she is human but that sets her up for world's nicely and certainly national. Mao maybe happy but she has to know Yuna is back and there is going to be trouble if her short program is any indication. Yuna is untouchable tripe lutz tripe toe, triple flip, 2a wow!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Ashley's poor performance is not good news for Ashley fans. A poor performance is not a "glad I got the splaterfest out the way" kind of thing.

And also, I am aware of this. That is why US Nationals will be so critical for her to get back on her feet - but she must defend a title in the process. I do not envy her (position) right now, that's for sure.

Custom Title
    What?
    lol, I didn't bash the ladies it was a disappointing comp. to watch
    Wagner and Suzuki have skated their programs clean back to back in the grand prix.
    I thought they were prepared to do it again. Still though, nobody has peaked and maybe they were nervous or felt some pressure.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast