JGPF Ladies Free Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

JGPF Ladies Free Program

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Incredible level of skating in this event. Loved Hannah's program. And the jumping from everyone was just really impressive. Of course the tiny Russian girls and the Japanese girl still have to grow a lot, but for now, wow!

Pogorilaya towers above most of the other girls in this field looking at the photos, actually. Except for Leah. Radinova is tiny but Pogo is pretty tall it would appear. Also she missed all last season with some kind of injury or illness so her 3lz-3t and 2a-3t-2t combos are very impressive! Radinova is so expressive for 13, her face just exudes emotion, I love it.

MasterB

Final Flight
What an incredible display of POWER. These little girls were out for blood. One of the best skated events I have ever seen.

macy

Record Breaker
for me the performance of the night was hannah (no i am not biased because i know her lol) but you could feel the emotion and power building through the program as the music got more dramatic and she landed more and more jumps. you could feel the energy radiating from her. at the end i couldn't help but have a huge smile on my face, especially after her last double axel. her smile was priceless. IMO she deserved more than a 109, i would have put her in second easily in the FS.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
What an incredible display of POWER. These little girls were out for blood. One of the best skated events I have ever seen.

Truth. So I guess the JW team for Russia is likely to be Radinova, Pogorilaya, and Lipnitskaya if she's healed by then/wants to go. Surprised and pleased by Anna P's (why must all Russian girls be named Anna or Polina??) upward ascent, she seemed like just another Russian girl when she debuted on the JGP, but now she should be in the mix to medal at JW.

Also I would say Hannah and Angela have both helped their case for making the JW team. My guess is the 3rd spot will come down to Cesario, Long and maybe Lam or Keiser if they skate well at Nats, presuming Gracie goes to 4CCs or Worlds, as if she doesn't, she'll likely be on the team.

Country
Russia
Correction!

Pogorilaya (...) missed all last season with some kind of injury or illness
It is not so.
Journalists misunderstood phraze "one of last seasons".
In fact, she missed season 2009/2010. See http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/128.html (Russian language)
She had at least 8 competitions at 2011/2012 (some local competitions may be omitted).

She has a good progress from season to season after missed 2009/2010.
At 2010/2011 her scores were at most about 120-125.
At 2011/2012 - at most about 140-145.
This season she has Season Best at Internationals 167.40, second result 160.52.

Article http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/12/radionova-wins-title-at-junior-grand-prix-final/
stumbled out of her opening double Axel, which was supposed be in combination with a triple toe loop.

However, the 14-year-old showed remarkable skills as both a skater and as a competitor when she not only did not allow this mistake to throw her off, but managed to improvise a triple Lutz-triple toe loop combination later in the program.
In fact, beginning of her planned jumping content was:
2A+3T+2T
2A+3T
3Lz+2T

She missed 3T+2T in first combo because of mistake on 2A. After that she added 2T to second combo and changed 2T to 3T in third combo. So:
2A
2A+3T+2T
3Lz+3T (combo, which she first performed at JGPF in SP, this was the second in her competitions)

As a result, she missed only 2T (and GOE, of course).

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info! I thought she had changed her layout after switching to 3lz-3t as her SP combo. But wow, I am very impressed. She reminds me of Shelepen but her basics and speed are much better, and everything looks a little less labored and awkward. Of course, puberty is still a question, but her speed and technique should help make the transition easier. She has nice presence on the ice and is so beautiful too. My guess is she will go to JW this season, unless senior ladies who are still eligible will try to make the team if they do not go to Euros or Worlds (like Shelepen, Sotnikova, Korobeynikova, etc). She might even be able to medal at JW if she keeps skating so well, and even at Nationals, with the way others are skating recently, her placement could be quite high. Also I noticed she skates at the same rink as Julia but has a different coach, so I guess Tutberize is not the only coach at Shidushor 37?

Country
Russia
Also I noticed she skates at the same rink as Julia but has a different coach, so I guess Tutberize is not the only coach at Shidushor 37?
Yes, there are multiple coaches. Tutberidze, Tsareva, Gavrilova - singles. Dobroskokov - pairs (Davankova - Deputat, Astakhova - Kurduykov and others).
Also there are coaches for youngest skaters.