2012 GPF Free Dance FD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 GPF Free Dance FD

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Very unfortunate fall by Soloviev on the transitional element, losing about five seconds of choreography and transitions, but at the very least it wasn't on the footwork sequence which would have cost them about eight points. However, I think the footwork sequence right after will be graded as a level 2 at best because the fall really rocked him.

Kinga

Medalist
Well done C/L! I really hope they FINALLY medal at Euros.
I really like B/S this season!! Such a pity about the fal!!!

kosjenka

On the Ice
It's official now, C/L are the new Fusar-Poli Margaglio, without Fusar-Poli talent. Will they win Euro as beautifully as they elder did in 2001 ?
Their mark are the biggest joke I've seen since Belbin Agosto on an Olys podium.

thats really harsh.
skaters dont give themselves marks. unlike Margaglio - Luca does eqaul emount of work as Anna.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Wow, a big fall from Soloviev. He's look absolutely devastated. At least they still kept ahead of Ilinykh/Katsalapov.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It seems Bobrova/Soloviev always have errors at the most important international competitions, like Worlds and GPF.

herios

Medalist
It's official now, C/L are the new Fusar-Poli Margaglio, without Fusar-Poli talent. Will they win Euro as beautifully as they elder did in 2001 ?
Their mark are the biggest joke I've seen since Belbin Agosto on an Olys podium.

I will disgaree and i am sure many others will do the same

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Lol, Virtue/Moir did their twizzles at the tempo of "Work, Work!"

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm so sorry for Ekaterina and Dimitri, but... Anna and Luca in 4th! :yay:

herios

Medalist
Wow, a big fall from Soloviev. He's look absolutely devastated. At least they still kept ahead of Ilinykh/Katsalapov.

I know. And that says a lot. So much to that theory which flooded GS this year that I/K are the best team in Russia.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

Nice one.:rolleye: Managed to slam 6 skaters for the price of two. None of them French of course.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Putin is watching! Wedged in between Tarasova and Cinquanta... How much politicking is going on RIGHT now, I wonder?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Wow ... was that Putin? Has he been in the stands for other GPF/JGPF events?? This is my first opportunity to watch the live stream.

ETA:
Thx, sequins -- we were posting at the same time, and I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating, LOL.​

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Don't mind the idea of skating to the Rolling Stones, but the music cuts and way this FD is structured didn't grab me.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
The more I watch P/B's free dance, the more I like it. It's starting to gel more, grabbing the highs and lows of the Rolling Stones medley they selected. I think both their step sequences will be graded at least Lvl3, which will put in them in good stead.

Total 101.48.

Kinga

Medalist
Maybe Putin's presence stressed Soloviev ;)

I think I will never warm to P/B... A good routine, but.. Just boring to me.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anna & Luca beat Nathalie & Fabian on TES in the FD. This result has to be so encouraging for their confidence. So happy for them! :)

kosjenka

On the Ice
slight problems in V&M dance. That last lift (choreo lift) - they had problems getting in the position.
It seemed to me there were problems with twizzles by Tessa. Not sure because the camera position was changing.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Virtue / Moir

The timing of their second step sequence to the music has improved and some of Moir's conflict with Carmen is showing through more. I still think that last lift was dodgy but it's only a choreo lift. Still, they might want to find something else to end the program with.

Total 108.56