Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Free Dance FD

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by machin View Post
    It's official now, C/L are the new Fusar-Poli Margaglio, without Fusar-Poli talent. Will they win Euro as beautifully as they elder did in 2001 ?
    Their mark are the biggest joke I've seen since Belbin Agosto on an Olys podium.
    Nice one. Managed to slam 6 skaters for the price of two. None of them French of course.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Putin is watching! Wedged in between Tarasova and Cinquanta... How much politicking is going on RIGHT now, I wonder?

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Wow ... was that Putin? Has he been in the stands for other GPF/JGPF events?? This is my first opportunity to watch the live stream.

ETA:
    Thx, sequins -- we were posting at the same time, and I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating, LOL.
    Last edited by golden411; 12-08-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Custom Title
    Don't mind the idea of skating to the Rolling Stones, but the music cuts and way this FD is structured didn't grab me.

Custom Title
    The more I watch P/B's free dance, the more I like it. It's starting to gel more, grabbing the highs and lows of the Rolling Stones medley they selected. I think both their step sequences will be graded at least Lvl3, which will put in them in good stead.

Total 101.48.

Edgy Details
    Maybe Putin's presence stressed Soloviev

I think I will never warm to P/B... A good routine, but.. Just boring to me.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Anna & Luca beat Nathalie & Fabian on TES in the FD. This result has to be so encouraging for their confidence. So happy for them!

Custom Title
    slight problems in V&M dance. That last lift (choreo lift) - they had problems getting in the position.
    It seemed to me there were problems with twizzles by Tessa. Not sure because the camera position was changing.

Banned
    Tessa is SOOOOO heavy. Sloppy skating in fact, with some mistakes.

Custom Title
    Virtue / Moir

The timing of their second step sequence to the music has improved and some of Moir's conflict with Carmen is showing through more. I still think that last lift was dodgy but it's only a choreo lift. Still, they might want to find something else to end the program with.

Total 108.56

Banned
    R-TV commentator (he can see presults earlier) said D/W won BEFORE the score was on tv.

Custom Title
    Davis / White

The timing of their second step sequence was also better timed, just like V/M. It seemed that the end of the step sequence was a little gassed, but I think they put in an incredible effort and it shows. The look at the beginning told the story better for sure. However, I did like the stop and start for the first two bell sounds at NHK more than I did here; it more clearly defined the second movement of their piece.

Total 110.19 (they win!)
    Last edited by draqq; 12-08-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Banned
    Yeah, he told the truth.

Custom Title
    B/s lost to I/k in the free dance and only beat them because of the sd. They are pretty much equal but b/s has all the federation support and the national titles. Worlds is where I/k beat b/s once. Both teams are at best a 5th place in the world team and have no shot at a world or Olympic medal until after 2014 Olympics.

FREE DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE (USA) - 183.39
    2. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 179.83 Free Dance
    3. Nathalie PECHALAT & Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) - 170.18 Free Dance
    4. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 165.64 Free Dance
    5. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 158.09 Free Dance
    6. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 156.36 Free Dance

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast